Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sky_6

Carenado 206 Floats - ~Project~ UPDATE

Guest Sky_6

Hello all, Having finally a little more time to spend on Project 206, Bill Womack's black C172 panelinspired me to change up the panel colour redux. (I love his new black 172 panel). Anyways, this 206 MOD has been customized and is a tribute to our members at Backcountry

Guest BeaverDriver

Jeez, that's a super job there! Nice work. The airplane really has that 'lived in' and functional look more suited to bush work than an exec's toy. Good job!The only thing I might (personally) have an issue with is the tach. I'm not sure about Europe, but I suspect it's the same there as in North America, the tach has to have the markings (red, yellow and green) on it to be legal as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll check here at work this morning and will post a correction if I am out to lunch on that). I guess I'd be inclined to use the default 206 tach, for myself anyway, but this mod really does add a lot to the machine.One question, when you took the pic when at the dock, was the airplane in slew mode? I'm just thinking the contact points may need tweaking a tad as it's sitting a bit too nose-low (the rear of the floats should be in the water, or very nearly so, when at rest, even when empty). It does that in slew mode though (sits level), so that would explain that. That's not part of your mod of course, just something I might look at with my own machine when I get a chance.Again, nice work. You've really added a lot, and very realistically so!

Guest Sky_6
The only thing I might (personally) have an issue with is the tach. I'm not sure about Europe, but I suspect it's the same there as in North America, the tach has to have the markings (red, yellow and green) on it to be legal as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll check here at work this morning and will post a correction if I am out to lunch on that). I guess I'd be inclined to use the default 206 tach, for myself anyway, but this mod really does add a lot to the machine.
The Tach is from the 185 and I liked it better.. I do understand the preference of the colored tach, so I will put together an alternative Mod (default gauges) for this; -note here for further requests-Thanks Glenn....!
One question, when you took the pic when at the dock, was the airplane in slew mode?
I hit pause as the aircraft was bobing up and down so I could get a shot of the floats slime..good catch Glenn ! :(I was able to clean up the shadow errors on the GPS at night....2010-3-15_2-8-1-906.jpg2010-3-15_2-11-35-109.jpgRecent daytime shots2010-3-15_0-17-56-78.jpg2010-3-15_0-22-55-578.jpg

Guest BeaverDriver
I hit pause as the aircraft was bobing up and down so I could get a shot of the floats slime..good catch Glenn ! :(
Ahhh, of course. I should have realized, and only just noticed the slime. Really cool, and I apologise for being so nit-picky - not warranted, especially in this case. Beautiful job.I see what you are saying about the tach. Now, by way of discussion (and not an argument by any means), the airplane wouldn't pass a recertification (50 or 100 hour) as it is with the tach (I work at an avionics shop). That said, often 'generic' instruments have been put in that aren't up to code, but since the 50's, they've not been able to keep them past an inspection. BUT, I agree with you totally that this gauge adds a lot to the feeling of a "working" machine. I'm wondering, would it be possible to add the markings to the MAP and the tach gauges, without making them look painted on the glass, as it were? That would be killer! All that said, please don't change this on my account alone. I can always swap the gauges at my end if I so choose. You know better than I that you'll never totally please everyone, and just run yourself ragged trying :( . Only do the mod if you have time AND if you want to. This is your project after all, and a really good one at that.Again, what a superb job! I'll be watching the progress of this with great interest. Many thanks for this and keep up the great work :(

Guest Sky_6
I'm wondering, would it be possible to add the markings to the MAP and the tach gauges, without making them look painted on the glass, as it were? That would be killer!
I actually might be able to....I'll give'er a try!

Man, these look fantastic! I just realized that I never bought the FSX version of the 206. I'm off to get it right now, in preparation for installing these mods.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

You just had to Sky didn't you! I now wish I had the 206! Very nice paint on it. I've actually seen this aircraft up close, very close and the job you've done on it looks perfect!!! Loch Lomond Seaplanes is the UK's only commercial seaplane operator and uses this 206 along with a 208. Again nice job Sky!

Guest sg38

Wow, that's incredible.You have same unbelievable talent in repainting and reconfiguring planes like in taking screenshots.The last one in the first 'set' looks unbelievable real! You have to look very hard to detect typical FSX 'features'.I first thought, wow it would be nice if planes in FSX would look THAT realistic!Of course the inside refurbishing is excellent as well!!Please keep up your superb work!

Sky that is breathtaking...wonderfull work...will it be available for the wheeled versions as well??Dave

Sky that is breathtaking...wonderfull work...will it be available for the wheeled versions as well??Dave

Guest Sky_6
will it be available for the wheeled versions as well??
Yes, and thanks Dave and everyone for the kind words..* note - there will be an alternative Mod pack for default 206 gauges *under_construction_1.gifAs Backcountry

Man that is sweet. Hopin to fly this this week, since I am comin on my week off :)I am so glad to see the 206 get a face lift. Superb work!