Hi Guys,A few days from now I'm buying a new pc. Thusfar I have put together the following:CPU - i7 Quad Core 860MB - ASUS P7P55-M P55 S1156 ATX DDR3HD - WD 500GB 7200 32mbRAM - DDRAM3 3072MB PC1600 G.Skill 3GBNQ CL9.0Graphic - ASUS ENGTX260/HTDP/896M/A PCI-E 896MB DDR3Power - Netzteil ANKERMANN 750W ATX 140mm SATA/PCI-E CordCPU Cooler - K

Hi John. Softwarewise I can't predict, FSX in general is unpredictable like that. But you would probably benefit from a 1 Gb gpu. And you should do some research on RAM compatibility on your mobo.

3GB RAM is not only inadequate, but a mis-match for the i7 8xx series, which utilizes dual-channel memory rather than tri-channel. You want a 4GB or 8GB kit.

3GB RAM is not only inadequate, but a mis-match for the i7 8xx series, which utilizes dual-channel memory rather than tri-channel. You want a 4GB or 8GB kit.
Thanks, I didn't know that. And I'll also look for a 'bigger' graphics card. Overall, do ATI cards work better with fsx or is nvidia a better choice? For example, the Powercolor HD4850 OC 1GB DDR3 and the GTS250 1024MB PCI-E,DVI,HDMI. The difference in price is not much but which one works better with the mb and cpu and fsx?Would changing the 3GB RAM to 2x DDRAM3 2GB PC1600 2GBNQ CL9 be better?Baer with me, the choice these days is enormous and I can't see the forrest through the trees anymore. (This expression is from another language, but you probably get what I mean).John Badal

nVidia cards seem to have the edge on FSX (for now), stay away from the GTX 295 though, it

You say staying away from the GTX295, does the same count for the GTS250 1024MB PCI-E,DVI,HDMI? Or the 9800GT 1024MB PCI-E,2xDVI,HDTV? In that last case, if you had to choose, which one would you take, the GTS250 or the 9800GT?Also, I found out on the ASUS site that the MB is capable of working with the memory I've chosen.Thanks for your time,John Badal

I've decided to go with the GTS250 1024MB PCI-E,DVI,HDMI. The last thing that I need to figure out is the difference between Palit and Zotac. I have been looking on the internet but couldn't find anything substantial...The Zotac is slightly more expensive, but is it also better?John Badal

Very similar price range, my search turned up both 512 MB and 1 GB editions, make sure you get a 1 GB card.

I'm open to an explanation about this 1 GB video ram thing, but my choice would be the original GTX260-896MB over any of the other options mentioned.

Art

Assuming I'm going to install xp 32bit, more than 3GB's is useless right, otherwise I would take 4GB and maybe upgrade later on? And I've decided to go with the Palit GFS250 1GB.John Badal(thanks for your kind answers guys, I really appreciate it)

Yes, go ahead and get 4GB ram. And remember to look out for compatibility with the mobo.