Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Avsim Review... Wow (Thanks Ian)

Just got done reading the First part(s) of Avsim's FS2004 review. Wow, this isn't your ordinary, everyday review... Much detail, gorgeous screenies, good advice, historical backgrounds - Very Nice. My only regret was not loading up a trans-continental flight on my sim computer so I could log some time while reading such an in-depth article :-).I was especially impressed with Ian Scott's reviews of the 172 and the DC-3. Ian has an entertaining writing style and has a rare gift of objectively providing some constructive criticism while still making it clear that he truly enjoys and approves of the product. I'd really be interested to know what he thinks about the GA flight modeling. Although I have the utmost respect for Steve as a reviewer (and he takes the most fantastic screen-shots), his idea of good flight modeling and mine have not always meshed in the past. Granted, the flight models are a "little" better; but it sure seems like that runway is still a wee bit "sticky" (Larry, please don't jump in here - I know you've flown RC planes and I have no desire to re-hash the subject ;-)). Based on the review, I just think Ian's opinions might present an interesting counter-point to Bear's findings... that's all. But alas, Ian doesn't appear to be too fond of us "Dilberts" around here :-); so chances are we won't be hearing from him.I'm sure Avsim will award it 5 stars; but for those who take the time to actually read the review, I think you'll find it objective and maybe even a bit critical (in a good way). It's definately a nice read for those times when the forums are grid-locked.Regards,Marc

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!