Sign in to follow this  
Fallap

Stop! Army time!

It's that time of a young danish fellows life, you guessed it: Mandatory military service (Okay, not so much mandatory anymore, but it's still a draft (kinda) (I volunteered btw.)))From tuesday I'm in for 8 months service in the Royal Danish Army (Phew long name) I signed up for the Royal Guard Regiment, the ones that stand guard at the royal palaces.So wish me the best, and I'll try to check in here in the weekends :(

Good luck Philip, I'm sure you'll do your country proud!(Invest in some good inner boot Gel soles if you're going into the Royal Guard Regiment :( )

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

All the best Philip, well done for volunteering. I'll be in Copenhagen at the end of the month, but I suppose you'll still be in basic training then and not on ceremonial duties yet. I enjoyed my time in the British army and am sure you'll do so too :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I thought about joining the Canadian Navy once. There was no darn way they were going to talk me into rowing a canoe across the Atlantic so it didn

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Good luck Philip, I'm sure you'll do your country proud!(Invest in some good inner boot Gel soles if you're going into the Royal Guard Regiment :( )
Hehe thanks, aren't you a former Delta Force or something? I think I read it a few months ago :(
All the best Philip, well done for volunteering. I'll be in Copenhagen at the end of the month, but I suppose you'll still be in basic training then and not on ceremonial duties yet. I enjoyed my time in the British army and am sure you'll do so too :(
Thats nice, business or tourism? And you are right, my ceremonial duty first commence around the beginning of august :)
I thought about joining the Canadian Navy once. There was no darn way they were going to talk me into rowing a canoe across the Atlantic so it didn

Thats nice, business or tourism? And you are right, my ceremonial duty first commence around the beginning of august :)
Strictly tourism. It'll be my first time in Denmark or any other Scandinavian country. Flying from Warsaw with the Mrs. on an SAS CRJ - two other firsts :(

Gavin Barbara

Strictly tourism. It'll be my first time in Denmark or any other Scandinavian country. Flying from Warsaw with the Mrs. on an SAS CRJ - two other firsts :(
hehe nice, I flew with SAS CRJ 900 two weeks ago. Just be sure to avoid the window seat at aisle 7! (Bombardiers ingenious aircondition system made my mom sick on our way to Luxembourg! ) Also, be prepared to pay for everything onboard, even water! :(Other than that, have a nice stay in the Paris of Scandinavia. :)

hehe nice, I flew with SAS CRJ 900 two weeks ago. Just be sure to avoid the window seat at aisle 7! (Bombardiers ingenious aircondition system made my mom sick on our way to Luxembourg! ) Also, be prepared to pay for everything onboard, even water! :(Other than that, have a nice stay in the Paris of Scandinavia. :)
Thanks, looking forward to it. I noticed on the ticket that refreshments/food have to be paid for. Ah well, it's only a short flight from Warsaw, so I just won't bother. And thanks for the aisle 7 advice, will avoid that.

Gavin Barbara