Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest pinnion99

Adding or creating waypoint FIXES? (example in thread)

Guest pinnion99

Hello all,I am new to this forum so please bare with me.I have been running this Airport Designer program called AFX. But theres one issue with it. It does not let me add named waypoint fixes like for example as these below...MIILS, WHIGG, FUZZY, and so on.....It only lets you add VORs and NDBs....But not these 5-character fix waypoints or intersections.....(as they call it in real-time).FSX itself already has these waypoints like described above. But I want to ADD new ones like for example SHOWW, FIDOE, ABBIE, and etc...So is there like a program were I can add these intersections or fixes?Or, suppose I want to add a waypoint intersection called SHOWW (which FSX does not have in its Flight Planner). Now since I know its exact coordinates, country and state, is there any way I can add this by editing a file? I cannot to this AFX, since it only allows to add VORs, but not waypoint FIXES or INTERSECTIONS.I just need to add these 5-CHARACTER INTERSECTIONS....and perhaps adding VOR-RADIALS like BTY060030, LAS290052.....Thanks in advance.

Hello all,I am new to this forum so please bare with me.I have been running this Airport Designer program called AFX. But theres one issue with it. It does not let me add named waypoint fixes like for example as these below...MIILS, WHIGG, FUZZY, and so on.....It only lets you add VORs and NDBs....But not these 5-character fix waypoints or intersections.....(as they call it in real-time).FSX itself already has these waypoints like described above. But I want to ADD new ones like for example SHOWW, FIDOE, ABBIE, and etc...So is there like a program were I can add these intersections or fixes?Or, suppose I want to add a waypoint intersection called SHOWW (which FSX does not have in its Flight Planner). Now since I know its exact coordinates, country and state, is there any way I can add this by editing a file? I cannot to this AFX, since it only allows to add VORs, but not waypoint FIXES or INTERSECTIONS.I just need to add these 5-CHARACTER INTERSECTIONS....and perhaps adding VOR-RADIALS like BTY060030, LAS290052.....Thanks in advance.
Airport Design Editor (ADE) allows the addition of Terminal Waypoints but not general route waypoints. It therefore depends what you want the waypoints for. If it is to create or modify approach code then terminal waypoints will probably do the job. ADE has a visual approach code editor that can use the waypoints you create. However if you are looking to add en-route waypoints for jetways or other routing then ADE won't help.

Jon

-------

Microsoft Flight Sim MVP

Airport Design Editor FSDeveloper.com

Guest pinnion99

Your not answering the question.....I want to add waypoint fixes like SHOWW, FIDOE, and so on....And would be route waypoints.Now is there any way of doing this?

Your not answering the question.....I want to add waypoint fixes like SHOWW, FIDOE, and so on....And would be route waypoints.Now is there any way of doing this?
You asked me if you could add waypoints. I gave you a way to add them if they are Terminal Waypoints. If you want to add route waypoints then I do not know of an editor tools that will do that. However you can create them using XML code and compiling it via BglComp. I suggest you take a look at the SDK where it is explained.

Jon

-------

Microsoft Flight Sim MVP

In general there are two issues: adding the waypoint, and adding the airway that runs through the waypoint (if any). If you are just adding new waypoints, then following the bglcomp sdk is straight forward. Adding in any airways is bit more involved. If the airways don't use any of the existing waypoints, such as new RNAV airways, then adding the "route" data is also straight forward. If you try to integrate airways into existing waypoints / routes that can cause some difficulty. I'm not sure if anyone has ever posted exactly what works and what doesn't. Moving default waypoints is also a can of worms. I've never really looked at how the Flight Planner reacts to new airways when you build a flightplan using airways. I figure most people who want current waypoint data in the sim also use an external flight planner or addon FMS that allows for naming the airway to be followed.scott s..

Guest pinnion99

Ok, there is no FMS involved. I just want the FSX flight planner to show my new waypoint fixes like these below. Thats all.SHOWW, FIDOE, WHIGG, etc.....How can i do this?I know the coordinates, but how can I add these so FSX flight planner can see it on the map?

Ok, there is no FMS involved. I just want the FSX flight planner to show my new waypoint fixes like these below. Thats all.SHOWW, FIDOE, WHIGG, etc.....How can i do this?I know the coordinates, but how can I add these so FSX flight planner can see it on the map?
However you can create them using XML code and compiling it via BglComp. I suggest you take a look at the SDK where it is explained.

Jon

-------

Microsoft Flight Sim MVP

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,535.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now