Sign in to follow this  
Don_MacLennan

SCENERY.CFG file error

Don't believe you have specifically told us if the error message has gone away since you created the missing Addon scenery folder (with it's two subfolders). :(
Still no luck. Getting "Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.115"I've decided to clean everything out and start again with a fresh install. The installer "knows" there was a previous installation in spite of my efforts to clean everything out - going with repair and praying.Cheers,Don

Still no luck. Getting "Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.115"I've decided to clean everything out and start again with a fresh install. The installer "knows" there was a previous installation in spite of my efforts to clean everything out - going with repair and praying.Cheers,Don
Well - finished a clean install (At least I thought it was) and I'm still getting the same error. How do I get completely rid of FSX? It doesn't seem to be un-installing properly.Don

Well - finished a clean install (At least I thought it was) and I'm still getting the same error. How do I get completely rid of FSX? It doesn't seem to be un-installing properly.Don
The un-install routine only removes what was originally put on your system by the installl process.Your FSX.cfg file and your scenery.cfg file plus a few other things were not created until you actually ran the sim the first time.They must be manually removed in order to get a good clean re-installation.From your description, the problematic scenery.cfg file was still on your machine when you made the fresh install thus the problem still remains.

The un-install routine only removes what was originally put on your system by the installl process.Your FSX.cfg file and your scenery.cfg file plus a few other things were not created until you actually ran the sim the first time.They must be manually removed in order to get a good clean re-installation.From your description, the problematic scenery.cfg file was still on your machine when you made the fresh install thus the problem still remains.
Thanks again Opa. The new install from yesterday had the files in the ProgramData folder you pointed me to before and this time I erased them - I am now questioning my previous failed attempt to find files there. I have done a new install and this time it looks like everything is working properly. You've been a huge help - can't thank you enough.Cheers,Don

Thanks again Opa. The new install from yesterday had the files in the ProgramData folder you pointed me to before and this time I erased them - I am now questioning my previous failed attempt to find files there. I have done a new install and this time it looks like everything is working properly. You've been a huge help - can't thank you enough.Cheers,Don
Very happy to hear the problem is apparently solved. :( I have found that by following the advice of many others regarding the installation of any version of FS in a location other than under Program files, has worked extremely well for me.