Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Active Sky 6.5 Question

I hate haze !! I've spent a lot of time and a ton of money to get my Fs2004 looking the best that it can be and that does NOT include having the land/ground degraded with HAZE. Lets face it, it's hard enought to get the land clear for any given distance in FS2004 and I dont need to "shoot myself in the foot" by inducing haze and to a certain extent, fog. (95 %) of the time even thought I have all of the great weather programs for Fs2004 I use the default weather of CLEAR, NICE DAY, and Approaching Cold front as these do not include degrading my views with haze/fog.So the question is, is there a way to use AS 6.5 and CANCEL / DELETE the haze part of it ? If so, how do I do it? Thanks jerrycwo4

I know this wasn't the question, and perhaps you're aware of this. I'm going to put t out there anyway :( :As far as I'm concerned, (I use Active Sky Evolution) the visibility is pretty darn realistic. Especially this time of year haze really dulls/blocks the horizon in real life and kind of washes ground colors out. I figure it's worth mentioning since the reason you're using Active Sky is to have realistic weather, after all.Edit: This picture was taken last year arount this time. HAZE!!! 4821_1089112273788_1405890126_30282.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I hate haze !! I've spent a lot of time and a ton of money to get my Fs2004 looking the best that it can be and that does NOT include having the land/ground degraded with HAZE. Lets face it, it's hard enought to get the land clear for any given distance in FS2004 and I dont need to "shoot myself in the foot" by inducing haze and to a certain extent, fog. (95 %) of the time even thought I have all of the great weather programs for Fs2004 I use the default weather of CLEAR, NICE DAY, and Approaching Cold front as these do not include degrading my views with haze/fog.So the question is, is there a way to use AS 6.5 and CANCEL / DELETE the haze part of it ? If so, how do I do it? Thanks jerrycwo4
Get Pablo Diaz's clouds hdev2.zip here on avsim they're free and the best!vololiberista

Under Options look at the center top screen area for visibility. You can uncheck generate fog and you can uncheck Depict FS Haze Layer. If this doesn't provide enough then look at the other two options but you may get increased popping of objects coming into view and/or a hard edge of the horizon.That being said, in my piloting days here in various regions of Minnesota and surround, there is always some haze even on clear days below the altitude (I forgot the definition) where the temperature is such to allow vapor to accumulate. This also applies to any pollution layers. Seeing airports unless they are very large was always difficult. I agree with ZachLW but then to each his own. When you get close enough in clear weather with minor haze in FS, usually the VASI or other visual approach aids penetrate quite nicely before the runways are clear.There is also setting in FS itself that determines how far out objects clearly come into view. If set too close you will not see them pop in and you may in FS wish to set a further distance but as this distance is set further out you may find a penalty of frame rates.Now to use AS 6.5 you do need to have the FS default weather set to the Clear Sky theme for your default flight and all saved flights so it does not contradict the operation of AS. In your FS weather settings weather dynamics should also be disabled.

---------------------------snip----------------------------So the question is, is there a way to use AS 6.5 and CANCEL / DELETE the haze part of it ? If so, how do I do it? Thanks jerrycwo4

Thanks for a lot of great info. That gives me a lot to try out. In your opinion, what's the main differance between AS6.5 and Active Sky Evolution ? jerrycwo4

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=171is their support forum. Check their announcements and then look at user threads for their opinion.
Thanks for a lot of great info. That gives me a lot to try out. In your opinion, what's the main differance between AS6.5 and Active Sky Evolution ? jerrycwo4