Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Venturing into the unknown

in my five years of simming I have never been abroad, Ive flown in north america exclusively. I am looking at taking my level d 767 into the eastern continents. Not having been anywhere other than NA, i need suggestions for flight, I would like to use the newly downloaded dragon9 kai tak, although not installed yet, And im looking for flight time around 1-2 hours or so. Im quite anxious to fly in the east but dont really know where to go.In the meant time i am going to go surf the net to see where decent airports lie within the east.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.ThanksP.S i am also looking to go places where freeware sceneries are available, Im not a fan of default scenery :(

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

If you have any interest in Russia, search forthe freeware USNN/UNNT sceneries, Both are flyTampa quality, both are free. I'm not certain if they're available here, but I know they are available at avsim Russia (Avsim.ru) Other interesting destinations are Paro bhutan, that's more of an A320/737 thing though, You'd be hard pressed to get a 767 into that airport. Kai Tak is good, FlyTampa's Kai tak is utterly phenominal, and will make it one of your favourite destinations (Definitely recomended), though the 9 dragons scenery is great for freeware. If you're interested in southernly airports at all, a look in NZQN (Queenstown New Zealand) may be in order, it's an absolutely fantastic approach over the mountains and along a river through a valley to landing, with a circling departure for the climbout over a lake (Until above the mountains, then resume course) again, a 737 route. the forementioned are some of my favourite places to fly. All absolutely phenominal locations. I'd say don't limit yourself to Asia, go see the world, the best of it. That's what makes FS great - You can go anywhere, see anything. There's lots of boring airports in the US, and a few really interesting ones. and some boring airports with really interesting approaches (Like La Guardia, JFK, DCA,) Heheh :(A lot of the most fun airports I've found are a ways away.La PalmaInnsbruckKai TakParo BhutanLuklaTegucigalpaSantos Dumont - Rio De JaneiroQueenstownetc.Have fun :)

When I first started to 'explore' the Orient, I turned to Martin Gleeson's 'Destination Finder' for FS9 utility. It's great! It was in the library here before "The Hack". If you can't find it here or at Flightsim.com, PM me and I'd be happy to send it to you.

P.S i am also looking to go places where freeware sceneries are available, Im not a fan of default scenery :(
Everything you will ever need is here: http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.phpIf some free scenery "pop up" on Avsim or Flightsim, you will find it there.