Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

how to get the speed down

Hi all seems that the only thing iam having troubles with is getting the speed down to landing speed from cruzing alt. Every time now the plane wont slow down below 250 even with speed brake deployed i tell the fo to set the speed sel to 210 even on level flt at 4000 still plane wants to stay around 250 like its still following the fms speed the only way i can get the plane to slow down is either put the wheels down manually or disanage the auto throttle

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi all seems that the only thing iam having troubles with is getting the speed down to landing speed from cruzing alt. Every time now the plane wont slow down below 250 even with speed brake deployed i tell the fo to set the speed sel to 210 even on level flt at 4000 still plane wants to stay around 250 like its still following the fms speed the only way i can get the plane to slow down is either put the wheels down manually or disanage the auto throttle
It sounds as if you are still in VNAV when you try to set the speed. The simplest solution is to press the "FMS OVRD" button (to the left on the flight guidance panel) - this allows you to set the speed manually while continuing your descent in VNAV.

thx for ur reply tried what u said but no luck what ever i tried the speed wouldnt go below 250 even in vnav i had speeds set for 240 at fl 8000 230 at 6000 210 3000ft in the fms so it wasnt even following vnav as well the only way i could slow it down is by turning off the auto throttle and auto pilot and fly manually, so fms is not talkking to the auto pilot or iam doing something drastrically wrong here. I have no troubles flying the pmdg 747-400, pmdg md-11, js4100 so i think i know how to set up the fms so any other help be gud anyone

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well, if you have the FMS correctly programmed and flight guidance set up correctly and it still doesn't behave, then there is something wrong with your installation.This is not anything to do with FS2Crew - try the Maddog support forum (http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php), someone over there may have an idea what is wrong with your setup.

thx for that, the strange part is that i did the same flight with out using fscrew and had no problems everything went to plan. So unless there was a gliche will try the same flight again using fscrew to see if it happens again

Peter kelberg

Try using the SPD SEL button on the autopilot, which engages the speed mode, you'll have to manage your descent in another mode though, like VS for example.

thx for that much appricaited did the same flight just now with no problems as stated b4 so i guess it was a gliche on the load of the aircraft into the fsx so finally got one flight sucessfully completed :( and yes when i did change to spd select it worked as u said

Peter kelberg