Sign in to follow this  
Paulk787

Violent turns form L to R and VNAV disc

Hi,I'm having a problem with my 747x that has been previosuly discussed on this forum. The problem accurs during climb or cruise. Aircraft violently rurns form left to right and it looks like it's trying to follow the flight path, in the mean time it drops altitude and disconnects VNAV. I'm not using registered version of FSUIPC. I don't have any major add-ons installed. I use FSX's real-world weather. Is there an other way to solve this problem without installing and paying $30 for FSUIPC?? Here is the picture.P201052184413695.pngPlease if you have any idea how to fix it without buying FSUIPC......RegardsPK

Fly with no weather. Seriousely, that's your only option.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for reply. I will try it.RegardsPK

What's up with that? No weather? Seriously?I have ASE and experienced this turning a few times... I disabled turbulence only and did not have this problem since. But I'm not 100% sure this is the solution.. maybe it's some other reason, don't know. What I do know is that expensive addon like this should be able to fly with weather ON.

I had this problem several months ago with the 744 and MD11. I changed the settings in FSX weather to NOT download winds aloft with real world weather until I got a registered copy of FSUIPC. Kind of unrealistic but it worked.Michael Cubine

Guest nolife

I normaly set the bank angel to 5, when the plane starts the heavy turns due to changning winds. It will not make the turns go away, but i think sink it keep it down....Best RegardsChristian Danielsen

I had this problem several months ago with the 744 and MD11. I changed the settings in FSX weather to NOT download winds aloft with real world weather until I got a registered copy of FSUIPC. Kind of unrealistic but it worked.
Well, I do have registered version of FSUIPC, but I was using DWC in ASE to smooth wind changes. Are you using default settings for smoothing wind changes in FSUIPC? Did you disable turbulence too?
I normaly set the bank angel to 5, when the plane starts the heavy turns due to changning winds. It will not make the turns go away, but i think sink it keep it down....
I'll try that if nothing else works. Thanks.

Tomaz, neither ASA nor ASX would smooth microslop weather but maybe the ASE product is better. I use 8 sec per deg/kt smoothing (default is x deg/kt per sec, turn it around to x sec per deg/kt).The bank limit only works in HDG mode, has no effect in LNAV.

Dan Downs KCRP

TomazI am running a flight now so I can't get to the FSUIPC settings. I will post the FSUIPC settings as soon as the flight ends. I will say I have ASX and I used it for a couple of months but it really made no difference. All it did was screw up ATIS and the weather at the destination airport. ASX agreed with the real world at the destination airport but for some reason it caused ATIS to always report calm winds and a 29.92 altimeter setting which was the weather in the simulator. I was landing on the wrong runways and sometimes the wrong way on the active runways - - head on it to departing traffic. I have since uninstalled ASX and use the Internet weather downloaded by FSX. That along with FUSIPC seem to work fine. I will get the settings as soon as this flight ends.Michael Cubine

TomazFSUIPC Settings:Wind Tab - - the following boxes are checked.Smooth Wind Changes 0 8Turbulence, Gusts, Variance 0 30Allow changes to FS own weather.Clouds TabAdd light cirrus layerSmooth Pressure By This Value 10Smooth Temp By This Value 50Allow Changes To FS Own WeatherApply This (I can' read it) to cloudsSuppress All Cloud TurbulenceHope this helps.Michael Cubine

Hi, I had this problem several time, and just a few minutes ago during climb from YPPD.This problems occurs in VC, sometimes the PFD and ND freeze in the VC, BUT if I click on them to make them bigger as popup windows, they are still working, and distances, altitude and speed are not frozen. Following this, the FD bars go mad and recommend a descent and right turn, I had the bank angle alert and I needed to disconnect the autopilot to get back things to normal.When I'm back to the programmed lateral and vertical path manually, then the FD bars get back to normal indication (climb and follow the navigation path) and I can put autopilot on again.Very strange.

vpa055.png

Stephane, the screen freeze is caused by MSFS. In FSX I always change cameras back and forth by pressing A then Shift+A to get them working again. Usually happens after opening a menu or looking at the map or anything that changes the windows focus.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am having the same problem as shown in the first post in this topic. Indeed I closed ASE and used FSUIPC only (registered). Did it help? It seems not, or maybe it will after FSX shutdown and fire-up again... In my mind doing it (flying without real weather depiction) makes FSX mostly dull. Can PMDG step up to this issue?ThanksBenny_K

Benny, as noted in your other post full names required here.

Dan Downs KCRP