Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

New United/Continental Airlines 747-400 PMDG repaint

Hi Mats, Jim HodgeActually, there is one pretty good one I know about.... it's the one Jim Hodge did back in Feb. I believe it's for FSX and you can find it via thread http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...3030&st=100, see Post# 125. I don't think I could surpass anything Jim has done, so try this. Note - I did try the download link but it was not accessible. Jim - are your files still downloadable from the filefront site?Hope this helps,RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi MarkSorry about the BA One World files, but that file for some reason seems to have disappeared from the server, but all is not lost, I have just uploaded the file again for anybody that would like a copy, so here is the link for the files.http://www.filefront.com/16839081/BA_0W_01.zipAnd thank you for the kind words, it really is appreciated.Jim Hodkinson

Thank you for your hint, Mark and I would also like to thank Jim for uploading his livery again. :(

Hi Guys,I need some more info before I release the 747-400 UA/CO livery for FS9 and I hope you can help me out?I need some screenshots for the default night illumination textures for the left and right fuselage to see what they look like. They look different to the FSX ones based on a couple of Avsim downloads I have looked at. I would also appreciate more info on the texture size and format as well as the alpha channel.Note: I thought these may be supplied in the FS9 PMDG paint kit but alas not and sicne I don't have FS9 installed I'm not able to install the PMDG paints to see what they look like. Last question, again because I don't have the FS9 package, I'm not sure that by not supplying these files (night textures) , the aircraft will default to the PMDG base textures for the night illumination like FSX does. Can you please confirm if this the case e.g. if I don't include the _L.bmp files, will the illumination still work.BTW - the FS9 day textures are done (converted) and updated ... I spotted some minor defects in the FSX textures that are now fixed, so once I have the night textures completed I will post to Avsim both the FS9 version and the updated FSX package.Many thanks,ThxMark
Hi All,FS9 package posted to Avsim today. ID# 277614.Enjoy!Regards,

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Guest bratonabike
Hi folks,Just to let you know I had a stab at repainting the PMDG FSX 747-400 with the proposed merger livery that was announced earlier this week.Files are uploaded to Avsim today and should be there tomorrow if you're interested.Avsim ID# is 273549.Attached a screenshot.....Happy flying! Any coments, let me know.BTW- the tail log was completely hand-painted from scratch using the Bezier curve functions in PhotoX3. I'm not sure about the engine paint color though. Pehaps it's a little too light??? Would be interested in your opinions....All the best,
i love it man! where can i find it? :(

i love it man! where can i find it? :(
Hi Lachlan,Right here...this is the updated version 2 for FSX .....http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=150317Cheers

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

The font of the 'United' is wrong...
The thread you responded to was from July 2010...Mark updated this paint after N127UA actually flew. Both FS9 and FSX versions are on AVSIM.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

The thread you responded to was from July 2010...Mark updated this paint after N127UA actually flew. Both FS9 and FSX versions are on AVSIM.
Do you have a link to the updated version by any chance? I have downloaded a few off there but they have all had the incorrect font.Thanks in advance :)Andrew

Do you have a link to the updated version by any chance? I have downloaded a few off there but they have all had the incorrect font.Thanks in advance :)Andrew
Here's Mark's latest...if the font isn't right on these then I don't know! Good luck...FS9:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=158948FSX:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=157514

Matt Smith

Prepar3D