Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Forthcoming Repaints

Hi Randy,FYI - The FSX UPS repaints have been converted to FS9. Can you try them out please?Preliminary zip packages can be downloaded at this site below. Let me know if you have any issues or not- hopefully not!UPS -400F: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E9TUQSKDUPS -400BCF: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y84ZVBLCCheers,
Hi Mark,Smashing job on the UPS -400BCF. Just two issues. 1) the pax windows are not blocked out on the main deck in the night textures. 2) the Virtual cockpit manuals were default PMDG; I overwrote these with a UPS manual texture from another UPS paint I had. This is not a big deal just thought I'd mention it in the spirit of being a good beta tester.I'll check out the -400F tomorrow and let you know.Thanks again for all your work.Cheers,

Lee Adams

JAFO

Hi JB,OK. I'll make the main title a little smaller. I'll work on this tomorrow.I'll let you know when I have an updated version to test.cheers,
Hi JB,I have moved the Continental title a little more forward by the first main deck door and the height of the letters has shrunk by ~30%. I have re-aligned this as per the photo so that the base of the letters sits above the top of door frame.See below.Updated texture is on the left, original on the right. I hope this works for you now? You can download the test package at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=71O8D784Please confirm and I will go head and finalize-the FS9 package ready for Avsim.Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi Mark,I was wondering if it would be too much trouble to make a 744-8 in Varig´s old livery, like the one they had when they flew the 744s back in the 90s.Like this one:ppvpi.jpgThanks!Carlos
Hi Carlos,The short answer is "No", it's not too much trouble".... BUT I said I wanted to finish off the current repaints list above first and focus on some Airport scenery design work I have planned, so this may have to wait for a few weeks. I also have some holiday planned too! So, if you can be patient with me, I will get around to this..What I'm going to do is start a new paints request list thread for the 747-8i/8F and place it in the 747-8 sub-forum. I think this is where it best belongs. I will add your request there plus a couple of others that I want to do myself. Of course, this is not my personal list, but the entire PMDG community. If anyone else wants to take a stab at any repaint, feel free to do so.I hope this makes sense?Best Regards,

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Hey Mark did you ever upload that fix for the Evergreen repaint in FSX where the flag on the right side is not flying the correct direction? Also landing lights look a little strange when lighting up the fuselage. Like a block, just a straight line at the beginning
Hi David,A quick update...... I had some time to go back and check the flag on the Evergreen freighter and the answer is no I didn't upload the corrected version. I made the change to the FSX and FS9 versions and posted the latter, but forgot to upload the updated FSX version. My memory's not what it used to be I'm afraid! Good reminder!Anyway, I created a new FSX package and it has been uploaded to Avsim today. ID# is 280148.Re El Al, I may update this again as I found some betters methods of getting good graphics quality on the fuselage.Hope this helps,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Mark,Smashing job on the UPS -400BCF. Just two issues. 1) the pax windows are not blocked out on the main deck in the night textures. 2) the Virtual cockpit manuals were default PMDG; I overwrote these with a UPS manual texture from another UPS paint I had. This is not a big deal just thought I'd mention it in the spirit of being a good beta tester.I'll check out the -400F tomorrow and let you know.Thanks again for all your work.Cheers,
Thanks Randy. I haven't quite got to customizing the cockpit manuals yet, but I'm glad you got this sorted! Big%20Grin.gif Thx for the feedback. For the pax windows, this is because I don't have the FS9 night textures right now. I'm not sure if they are exactly the same as the FSX ones or not. I can fix this I think, but I need to have the night texture files for FS9. I have just remembered I can download the paint kit for this without having FS9 installed. Let me take a look and see what I can do.I just wanted to let everyone else know that both initial UPS repaints now exist for FS9 thanks to Randy's testing so here's the Avsim IDs.... -400F; #280145-400BCF: #280144If I find a way of updating the night textures for the BCF, I'll post an update.Enjoy flying the "Big Brown"!!

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Randy,I think I fixed the pax night textures for the BCF for you. I tried the FS9 PMDG paintkit, but those texture files are not present, so I had to borrow and customize.Here's what they look like now... I uploaded them here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0JNN8WMYUnzip and place in your textures folder.Let me know if they work OK or not?CheersMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hello Mark,Thanks for answering.No problem, it can sit and wait :)Cheers
Hi Folks,A couple of screenshots of the in-progress Aerolineas Argentinas new livery....still some work to do on this one.I may need some fine-tuning of the blue fuselage. Looks too dark to me. Regards,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Mark,The night textures for the UPS -400BCF are good. Looks great now. On the -400F I did seem to be missing the UPS decal on the bottom of the nose. I over wrote it with a known good "decals" and all is well.Thank you again for taking the time to convert these for FS9. I hope you'll consider dual versions for all your paints.Cheers

Lee Adams

JAFO

Mark,The night textures for the UPS -400BCF are good. Looks great now. On the -400F I did seem to be missing the UPS decal on the bottom of the nose. I over wrote it with a known good "decals" and all is well.Thank you again for taking the time to convert these for FS9. I hope you'll consider dual versions for all your paints.Cheers
Hi Randy,Thx for letting me know. Re under nose decal, I must admit I missed this when looking at some photos. I can defintely add this in.Are the -400F night textures working OK? If not, let me work on those and I will update both packages. Is it also possible you can send me the VC cockpit manuals texture you edited? I can include this too!cheersMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Mark,Maybe you are the friend i need :)I have been around looking for texture to SAS (Scandinavian)for the 744, i found one at Avsim but is for fs9 and i have fsx, i try to install but the VC stay dark and exterior with errors to.It's no diference if is new or old textures SAS, like you maybe know SAS doens't fly anymore de 742 but we from SAS Virtual is posibel to fly using the "Classic Flights".My preference go to texture SAS for 748 but if not posibel well thanks anyway :)all the best and happy flightsLuis Serpa

Mark, The night textures on the UPS -400F are good as well. I'll send you a PM regarding sending the Manual texture I have.

Lee Adams

JAFO

Hi Mark,Maybe you are the friend i need :)I have been around looking for texture to SAS (Scandinavian)for the 744, i found one at Avsim but is for fs9 and i have fsx, i try to install but the VC stay dark and exterior with errors to.It's no diference if is new or old textures SAS, like you maybe know SAS doens't fly anymore de 742 but we from SAS Virtual is posibel to fly using the "Classic Flights".My preference go to texture SAS for 748 but if not posibel well thanks anyway :)all the best and happy flightsLuis Serpa
Hi Luis,Yep!, Sometimes those FS9 textures can be problematic in FSX. I remember having similar troubles but eventually I managed to pretty much sort those out. Let me look in Avsim and see if I can find the SAS FS9 paint. I can try and figure out how that can be fixed for FSX and let you know.Re the SAS for the 747-8i, let me add this request to my list in the 747-8 subforum. I'm not promising anything right now as I finishing up my -400 list and need to take a short break , but I will come back to the 747-8i/F list.Hope that helps. I'll let you know what I find out.Regards,
Mark, The night textures on the UPS -400F are good as well. I'll send you a PM regarding sending the Manual texture I have.
Hi Randy,Thx. I just want to see what it looks like and I'll create my own version to include in the UPS packages.Cheers,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Luis,Yep!, Sometimes those FS9 textures can be problematic in FSX. I remember having similar troubles but eventually I managed to pretty much sort those out. Let me look in Avsim and see if I can find the SAS FS9 paint. I can try and figure out how that can be fixed for FSX and let you know.Re the SAS for the 747-8i, let me add this request to my list in the 747-8 subforum. I'm not promising anything right now as I finishing up my -400 list and need to take a short break , but I will come back to the 747-8i/F list.Hope that helps. I'll let you know what I find out.Regards,Hi Mark,Thanks four your amability, if is posibel to make the texture SAS for the 748 the Registration is LN-DRE, i think the new collors are more prity then the olders and maybe easyer to paint.I have to thanks again in my name and other pilots 744 from SAV. cheers and long lifeLuisnote: you have to feel so happy helping so many people with they Texture "dream"...The world whos better with more Marks around :)Hi Randy,Thx. I just want to see what it looks like and I'll create my own version to include in the UPS packages.Cheers,
Hi Luis,Yep!, Sometimes those FS9 textures can be problematic in FSX. I remember having similar troubles but eventually I managed to pretty much sort those out. Let me look in Avsim and see if I can find the SAS FS9 paint. I can try and figure out how that can be fixed for FSX and let you know.Re the SAS for the 747-8i, let me add this request to my list in the 747-8 subforum. I'm not promising anything right now as I finishing up my -400 list and need to take a short break , but I will come back to the 747-8i/F list.Hope that helps. I'll let you know what I find out.RegardsCheers,
Hi Mark,Thanks four your amability, if is posibel to make the texture SAS for the 748 the Registration is LN-DRE, i think the new collors are more prity then the olders and maybe easyer to paint.I have to thanks again in my name and other pilots 744 from SAV. cheers and long lifeLuisnote: you have to feel so happy helping so many people with they Texture "dream"...The world whos better with more Marks around :)

Hi Luis,FYI - I was able to fix the SAS repaint for you and run in FSX!! Take a look....:( Now, if you or anybody else would like to do this yourself, this is how you go about it.....Tips for fixing FS9 aircraft in FSX.When you see this...B) you can fix it with some simple steps.Step 1: As you know FSX uses .DDS textures and FS9 uses .bmp. So you first need to obtain/use a program that enables conversion e.g. DXTBMP from the web (it's freeware) . Step 2: You need to manipulate at least 4 texture files: They are:PMDG_747_FUSE_LEFT_T.bmpPMDG_747_FUSE_RIGHT_T.bmpPMDG_747_Externals_T.bmpPMDG_744_Engines_T.bmp ** 'Note: This last file can have a different filename depending on which engine variant is modeled.Step 3: Open DXTBMP. Now repeat steps 4-6 for each of these .BMP files then goto Step 7.Step 4: Open the texture file in DXTBMP and flip the image (Image/Flip Image). You have to do this because .dds textures work upside down in FSX.Step 5: I then usually import an alpha file for the night lighting on the fuselage and tail textures. You can use the import alpha function which is one of the first icons on the right side of the UI under the Alpha Channel window to do this. To obtain an existing good FSX alpha file use the same DXTBMP program, load in a known, good texture file with an alpha imbedded and then use the corresponding export alpha function to save the alpha as a separate file. Step 6: Now save the texture file using the Save As command. Select ".DDS texture" as the format, use the same filename and select "DDS DXT5" as the file type from the drop down menu.Note: For the engine texture I usually only save as DDS DXT3. All others DDS DXT5.Step 7: Now copy the 4 .dds files to your texture folder. Move all existing .BMP files within the texture folder into a temporary location.In summary you should have your folder contents look like this for example:-Step 8: Important: Failing to do this step will cause the dark areas to remain, so don't forget to do the next task......:( Locate in one of your other FSX PMDG texture folders a file called "Texture.cfg". Copy this file to your target texture folder, so in the screenshot example above this file also sits in the Texture.SAS folder.Step 9: FSX depends on another file in this folder called thumbnail.jpg. This is a small picture of the aircraft that is used by FSX in the aircraft selection menu. You'll need a basic paint program to take a screenshot and size the image accordingly. Once done place this in the same texture folder. So, in total you should now have 6 files.Step 10: Start FSX. You're all set! :(

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge