Sign in to follow this  
Puffmac

Speech Recognition won't start

Hi there,I'm trying to get speech recognition working on my computer. I've got W7 64bit Ultimate. I can set up the microphone, take the tutorial, and train my profile but I cannot actually start the Speech Recognition program to run in the background to allow me to dictate. When I click the "Start Speech Recognition" button, nothing happens. I googled this and no one else has this inability to start the program, so I have come here in search of an answer :).

Hi there,I'm trying to get speech recognition working on my computer. I've got W7 64bit Ultimate. I can set up the microphone, take the tutorial, and train my profile but I cannot actually start the Speech Recognition program to run in the background to allow me to dictate. When I click the "Start Speech Recognition" button, nothing happens. I googled this and no one else has this inability to start the program, so I have come here in search of an answer :).
http://www.sevenforums.com/

I would personally check that my sound device is working properly. Update the drivers if necessary. I know this may have nothing to do with your query, and could be considered cheeky, but try installing this demo version of Multi Crew Experience, voice control for FSX and FS9.http://www.multicrewxp.comIf you can run this app, then there is nothing wrong with your speech recognition set-up, and might be just that the component that is supposed to start speech recognition is not working for some reason.On the other hand, if you are getting errors when trying to run MCE, you will know for sure that you have a SAPI installation issue (the built-in speech engine to Windows Hope you see the point in using MCE as a debugger :( Gerald Reilly

I would personally check that my sound device is working properly. Update the drivers if necessary. I know this may have nothing to do with your query, and could be considered cheeky, but try installing this demo version of Multi Crew Experience, voice control for FSX and FS9.http://www.multicrewxp.comIf you can run this app, then there is nothing wrong with your speech recognition set-up, and might be just that the component that is supposed to start speech recognition is not working for some reason.On the other hand, if you are getting errors when trying to run MCE, you will know for sure that you have a SAPI installation issue (the built-in speech engine to Windows Hope you see the point in using MCE as a debugger :( Gerald Reilly
Gerald,I can complete the tutorial fine, so I know the voice recognition is actually working.