Sign in to follow this  
gfurm

Some problems

Trying to do first full flight and hit a wall. First: how do you spell NAV? every time I try to change to NAV in recognizes NO, have to press it myself.Second: Can't recognize heading commands, most of the time it can't understand anyting, I say two four zero and it sets 040 or somethig similarThird: after missed approach it went blank and wouldn't let me try again.I did go through voice recognition training in control panel. I'll give it few more tries, but up till now a bit disappointed. :( Greg

Don't spell NAV just say 'nav' as in first part of navigate.It does take practice to get the computer to understand you.Put on a fake american accentIt may help

Greg,Make sure you run the Voice Training (as described in the manual).Check your mic sensitivity.Correct syntax is:Bug Heading ______Ie., Bug Heading Zero Four ZeroNav is pronounced "nhave"I don't know how thick your accent is, but there's no reason not to get recognition results greater than 90 to 95 percent or higher.Cheers,

First thing I did was run Voice Training, all these problems were after that.My second flight was better than first, although I experienced runaway VS and still couldn't get it to understand nav. I'll do couple more today to see how it goes. Greg

First thing I did was run Voice Training, all these problems were after that.My second flight was better than first, although I experienced runaway VS and still couldn't get it to understand nav. I'll do couple more today to see how it goes. Greg
Hi Greg,What's your accent? Nav.... Try this pronunciation: "Nah-vvv"Runaway vertical speed is usually the result of using the incorrect syntax...It needs to be like this:Set Vertical Speed Down one thousand four hundredSet Vertical Speed Up five hundredSet Vertical Speed Up two thousand one hundredDo "not" say: Set vertical speed down one four one zeroOr you'll likely get a runawayIf you get a runaway, you can reset it by clicking the "VOICE" button on and off.Also, I programmed in "safe-guard" stops to prevent any possible runaway from exceeding certain limits.Cheers,

I just think that this windows speech recognition engine is seriously flawed. I've just spend 10 minutes saying departure check and all I got was taxi check. There's enough difference between those two that my accent shouldn't matter.When I say altitude it understands me all right, but set altitude one five thousand it gets set mach 150Greg

I just think that this windows speech recognition engine is seriously flawed. I've just spend 10 minutes saying departure check and all I got was taxi check. There's enough difference between those two that my accent shouldn't matter.Greg
Hi Greg,The Windows Speech Recognition engine is now flawed or everyone would have bad results.Please look at what the others are saying in this forum (and the other voice products) to confirm that.Here are some tips:Are you using a headset or a regular mic? Headsets are better.Watch for ambient background noise... loud air conditioning, screaming kids, etc., can interfere. What OS are you using?What's your mic sensitivity set to?We have a lot of users who are not native English speakers who get really good results with the speech recognition engine.Here's an example of a Japanese I think using the PMDG 737 version (which uses the same speech recognition system):
Cheers,

I'm alone in my room, no background noise, using normal microphone, Win7.So why it understands command: Altitude and sets correct autopilot mode but when I say set Altitude it understands st mach? Why when I say departure check it understands taxi check?Greg

Hi Greg,You need to say: "Bug altitude...."Not "Set altitude..."Your problem may be the microphone. Can you borrow a headset from a friend? You might notice a difference.Also, be sure to keep the mic away from any speakers. The J-41 is very noisy, and that could be a troublespot thereTry testing with the volume full off to see if ambient noise is the issue.I'm using Win 7 64, an average headset, and my recognition rate is over 95 percent, and I talk pretty fast.

Maybe it is the microphone, I'll try to get a headset and report back.Greg

Hallo,I haven't yet the J41 FS2Crew-version. But I own the Maddog-version of FS2Crew, also a voice-driven application. And although my english is not very good (I'm german) after some short time my voice-recognition is nearly 100 %. I also have a headset, so with a headset you will also have success ! :( Bernhard

Hallo,I haven't yet the J41 FS2Crew-version. But I own the Maddog-version of FS2Crew, also a voice-driven application. And although my english is not very good (I'm german) after some short time my voice-recognition is nearly 100 %. I also have a headset, so with a headset you will also have success ! :( Bernhard
Glad it hear it, Bernhard!

All right, got myself a new mike and it worked much better. Still can't say NAV properly and had to say departure check twice to get it going, but everything else worked fine. Also had some trouble with saying hundred, does it understand US accent better than english? Greg

All right, got myself a new mike and it worked much better. Still can't say NAV properly and had to say departure check twice to get it going, but everything else worked fine. Also had some trouble with saying hundred, does it understand US accent better than english? Greg
Hi Greg,Glad the microphone worked better for you and everything else is working for you."Saying 'departure check' twice".... sometimes you'll have to say the occasional phrase twice... even I do sometimes... the speech recognition engine may have been "busy" when you were saying it."Nav"... try saying it with more of an American accent. It might help... "N-av"Cheers,

Hi Bryan,I too have been having one or two problems, the main one being that my co-pilot quite frequently appears to withdraw his labour and refuses to answer my requests for some form of action from him! The latest example being a refusal to respond to my "Before Start Check". He appeared to have completed his before start flow, as evidenced by the beacon being "on" and the Avionics masters being "off", but I did not receive his call for the first item in the Before Start Checklist as the manual states he should. Since then silence! I find this problem frustrating to say the least. My words appear to be being read correctly by the speech engine in the green bar..I should add that I am using a high quality usb headset and have done a fair amount of speech recognition "training" with no trouble. Backgound noise is minimal, limited to the cooling fans of my pc. No engine noises as I have, in this example, not yet started them! I am running a fast processor on English version Windows 7, 64bit. I must admit to not having tried talking with an American accent, 76+ years of communicating in English english makes this a near impossibility.Finally I would like to be clear that this problem is quite random in nature and does not always occur at the same stage, but does seem worse before departure.Any suggestions would be appreciated,Brian.