Sign in to follow this  
Guest Norbert01

Can't start MADDOG

Guest Norbert01

Hi Bryan,first of all congrats for a great product. Have meanwhile enjoyed a couple of flights with maddog and FS2Crew. Unfortunately since yesterday i have problems. I start FS9 with the standard Cessna, then I select Leonardo MD 82 but it won't open and FS9 closes down. When using FSCrew Maddog config manager to open FS - no luck, FS closes. When I try the same using the Leonardo load manager and the Leonardo tutorial flight I can open and run the MADDOG - but get engine failure after lift-off. Have you or anyone else got an idea what's wrong? OS Windows XP 32. Am grateful for any help.Norbert

Hi Bryan,first of all congrats for a great product. Have meanwhile enjoyed a couple of flights with maddog and FS2Crew. Unfortunately since yesterday i have problems. I start FS9 with the standard Cessna, then I select Leonardo MD 82 but it won't open and FS9 closes down. When using FSCrew Maddog config manager to open FS - no luck, FS closes. When I try the same using the Leonardo load manager and the Leonardo tutorial flight I can open and run the MADDOG - but get engine failure after lift-off. Have you or anyone else got an idea what's wrong? OS Windows XP 32. Am grateful for any help.Norbert
Hi Norbert,What did you install in FS9 between the time the Maddog would load and the time it wouldn't load?Does this only happen with the Maddog? What about other aircraft?Cheers,

Guest Norbert01

Hi Bryan,it only happens to the Maddog. All other a/c are loading as usual. No new installations.After I posted yesterday I made another try via the Maddog manager with the tutorial situation. This time it worked without engine failure and FSCrew was available. But start-up using the FSCrew manager or a normal start still doesn't work. In either case the default situation loads and after selecting the Maddog FS closes. Strange.Norbert

Hi Bryan,it only happens to the Maddog. All other a/c are loading as usual. No new installations.After I posted yesterday I made another try via the Maddog manager with the tutorial situation. This time it worked without engine failure and FSCrew was available. But start-up using the FSCrew manager or a normal start still doesn't work. In either case the default situation loads and after selecting the Maddog FS closes. Strange.Norbert
Hi Norbert,You don't need to use the FS2Crew Maddog Config Manager to start FSX or FS9.You can load FSX or FS9 direct.I'd re-install the Maddog.Then do a test to make sure it loads okay.Then I'd re-install FS2Crew if all is good.That might clear whatever weird gremlin you have.Best,

Guest Norbert01

Looks now like there was a problem with maddog.gau. Have re-downloaded and installed the latest Maddog SP1 and now everything works as it should.ThanksNorbert