Sign in to follow this  
Guest in_04

FS2k4METAR freeware weather program uploaded to avsim!

Guest in_04

Hello all,I just uploaded my little weather program "FS2k4METAR". It should be available for download later today.FS2k4METAR is the first and only freeware weather program which use the new FS2004 weather interface (so far I know).It use all the nice features the FS2004 weather interface has (like several cloud-, wind-, temperature-layers and so on).The program download worldwide METAR data at once and safe it for later use.Please use this thread or the PM function of this board, for suggestions and bug reports.ByeMarkus

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Markus,this sounds interresting! thank you for the effort in designing a program like this. A quick question to be sure I understand what is the purpose of the program: what are differences with the default "download weather" included in FS2004?

Guest in_04

Hi JeanLuc,the difference is that the weather has more clouds, real winds aloft and temperatures for the whole world. Esp. for countries other than the US.My experience with the build in weather is that it often is out of time, esp. for europe. Also I found some bugs in the Jeppesen weather, esp. the Siegerland airport in Germany shows a visibility of 10 miles the whole summer. A look in the METAR files show a visibilty of 50 kilometers which is much more. Also a 10 miles vis lock terrible esp. if all sourounding stations report unlimited view.Another great addition is that you can use the weather every time you whant. You could download the weather now and use it in Fs2004 next week.Also a must see feature is the fog emulation of the program, but you should test it. It's only 1 MByte (with included METAR demo files).ByeMarkus

Guest claudius41ad

Hello Markus,This sounds to be an interesting facility. I look forward to downloading it when it appears on the list.One question..........What is the difference compared to FS Meteo (apart from being freeware of course?)RegardsRoger

Guest moshe_be

It seems to be available, however for me it crashes right away.Maybe you assumed FS is installed in Program FilesMicrosoft Games...?I have it on a diffrent folder.If not, not sure what to look for.I extracted the zip into FS folder, and launched the program before flight simulator.

Guest moshe_be

It will crash in a minute or two :)

....same here. First I get some crazy harddrive action then the program quits with the following error message:AppName: fs2k4metar.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ntdll.dllModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 0000b2abCheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Crashing here also as soon as the programme starts. Have tried starting it before FS2004 and when FS2004 is already running.Windows XP Pro, FSUIPC3.11 registered, and FS2004 on a separate partition. Hope this helps.

Guest danowat

Yeah, me too, I think its an XP problem, was it tested in XP?Dan.

Hi MarkusLike the concept you are creating, but I too cannot get the program to fire up. Comes up with error message, writing to log (although I do not know where the log file is - it is not obviously listed for me to examine).I use Windows2000 for my OS. I have FS9 on my J: drive where I installed the FS2K4METAR.exe program, but it seems not to like that.CheersMike

Hi, The program will only works with Windows XP if you have the folder fs2k4metar in your main fs2004 directory. But like Geofa said, there is some error when I update I get on the bottom of the program "error 2 at reading metar data".http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48043.jpgThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest in_04

Thank you Chris for the pictures.I thought I made this one clear in the readme file, but my english sucks :-(Error 2 at reading metar data means -> no connection to the METAR server, so no data could be readI couldn't check this in the moment, but probably the server I use for downloading is down or something else. I made a last minute chancge in the METAR Server list, becaus I get only old METAR files from the official NOAA server the last couple of days. Maybe I should use both servers for downloading?I will check this later today.Did nobody use the included METAR files for testing?Sorry for the problems ByeMarkus