Sign in to follow this  
pawel-d

Bug heading - left or right

Hi,I'm after first full flight with new crew member in my cockpit. All was quite succesfull, fantastic experience.One question arised for me after my silly mistake. When flying approach in heading mode I was about to turn right for racetrack, turn was more than 180deg (from about 250 to 090). So I said 'bug heading 090'. FO confirmed and AP turned to ...left. It would be natural for me, when doing it myself, to turn the knob clockwise and make right turn. So, is it possible to make FO turn the knob in particular direction when changing heading by more than 180deg? Somthing like 'bug heading right to ...'.Probably it's PF job to do it when AP is engaged, so next time i'll do it myself.I'm not sure if AP in this plane works this way - when turning bug to right more than 180deg would result in AP making right turn. I couldn't find it in PMDG manual.And, as many people here on this forum, I have to share my opinion that your addon is realy great. It adds so much to flying experience.I was afraid about speach recognition, because I'm not native english speaker (I'm polish), but I have no problem with that at all.Thank You.Best regards,PawelPoland, EPGD

Pawel Dragan

Poland, Gdansk

Hi,I'm after first full flight with new crew member in my cockpit. All was quite succesfull, fantastic experience.One question arised for me after my silly mistake. When flying approach in heading mode I was about to turn right for racetrack, turn was more than 180deg (from about 250 to 090). So I said 'bug heading 090'. FO confirmed and AP turned to ...left. It would be natural for me, when doing it myself, to turn the knob clockwise and make right turn. So, is it possible to make FO turn the knob in particular direction when changing heading by more than 180deg? Somthing like 'bug heading right to ...'.Probably it's PF job to do it when AP is engaged, so next time i'll do it myself.I'm not sure if AP in this plane works this way - when turning bug to right more than 180deg would result in AP making right turn. I couldn't find it in PMDG manual.And, as many people here on this forum, I have to share my opinion that your addon is realy great. It adds so much to flying experience.I was afraid about speach recognition, because I'm not native english speaker (I'm polish), but I have no problem with that at all.Thank You.Best regards,PawelPoland, EPGD
Hi Pawel,Glad to hear you like it. Be sure to tell your Polish Friends that Speech Recognition is no problem with a Polish accent.For the heading, the FO will twist the heading bug in the "shortest" direction required to reach the target heading.I'll consider your suggestion for a future update.Cheers,

G'day Pawel,A possible workaround for this problem (I haven't tried this so I can't say for sure it works) would be to give the FO an intermediate heading first that is less than 180 degrees which would force him to turn to the right, say 040, then give him the final heading (090) once the aircraft has turned enough for it to be less than 180 degrees to the final heading, in your example it would be anytime after passing heading 270 degrees.It's an extra voice command you need to issue but hopefully it will get the desired result (until Bryan adds the feature you requested :( ).Regards,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS