i7 920 overclockedIm trying to figure out the best setting for bufferpools and my video card unfortunately i have no idea what to look for. ALthough the higher settings make the sim seem very very clear texture wise and panning, seems to be very crisp, however a such high bf i kept getting either ctd or graphic corruption. I see some with very low numbers like 5 mb or 5 000 000 but i have seen 80 000 000 and 200 000 000.So i just need some light on this topic, where can i look to see whats good what are users here using to have a good number for this and enjoying there specs and graphics. I was getting alot more spikes with lower settings.

The whole deal with all of these tweaks is just because it works for me does not mean that it is going to work for you. Tweaks that work on one OS will not always offer the same benefit on another OS. Tweaks that work on one persons system will not always work the same on another persons system even though the hardware is exactly the same. A lot of this you are just have to going to put them in and test them and see if they do any good on your setup.Also before you start down the long road of trying this tweak, trying that tweak and then trying the next tweak the first thing you need to do is to set up your OS and FSX for optimum performance. Win7 and FSX setup link is below, look at the post on April 11 @ 4:31 PMhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...d-windows7-helpOn the same post there is a link for XP.With all the above said to answer your question I use bufferpools and have it set at 1000000. The only reason that I use it is because it cuts down the amount of white flashes I get when I pan realy quick in spot view.Bufferpools and highmemfix=1 (for my PMDG MD11) are the only so called tweaks that I use. Things like disablepreload and wideviewaspect I really do not call a tweak since they just cause the sim to run the way that you want it.To answer your next question I have my FPS locked at 30 and get 30 expect over heavy AI areas like NYC and LA, over those I get 20.

The whole deal with all of these tweaks is just because it works for me does not mean that it is going to work for you. Tweaks that work on one OS will not always offer the same benefit on another OS. Tweaks that work on one persons system will not always work the same on another persons system even though the hardware is exactly the same. A lot of this you are just have to going to put them in and test them and see if they do any good on your setup.Also before you start down the long road of trying this tweak, trying that tweak and then trying the next tweak the first thing you need to do is to set up your OS and FSX for optimum performance. Win7 and FSX setup link is below, look at the post on April 11 @ 4:31 PMhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...d-windows7-helpOn the same post there is a link for XP.With all the above said to answer your question I use bufferpools and have it set at 1000000. The only reason that I use it is because it cuts down the amount of white flashes I get when I pan realy quick in spot view.Bufferpools and highmemfix=1 (for my PMDG MD11) are the only so called tweaks that I use. Things like disablepreload and wideviewaspect I really do not call a tweak since they just cause the sim to run the way that you want it.To answer your next question I have my FPS locked at 30 and get 30 expect over heavy AI areas like NYC and LA, over those I get 20.
See i understand all this and i followed those other sites to the letter, but a high bufferpool helps with all around textures, i noticed your reserving 1 mb of your video card. Unless of course 1 mb is enough to reduce white flashes, out of curiosity do you get and graphic vertical spikes?

When using the 182.50 driver, the best BP setting for me was 300000000.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Like I said, I am only using bufferpools to get rid of white flashes while I pan in spot view and the 1M setting seems to work the best. Before I added bufferpools I had absolutely no issues with textures of any kind.I get no vertical spikes at all and did not get any even before I started using the bufferpools setting.