Sign in to follow this  
dickdavis229

DC3 Nav radios

Are these supposed to be accurate in FS9? Can,t seem to get them to work right. Pointer does not change position as airplane turns and can not tune some nav stations. Thanks.

It is not same type, you have to turn the knob yuorself until they are aligned, this gives you the bearing that you rewad off. It is antique.Also the two needles can be toggled btw Nav1/ADF1 and Nav2/ADF2 respectively Allen

Just been flying the DC-3, and am about to ask for more info myself.For ADF (NDB) however I have worked some bits out.Set the frequency band with the large selector and rotate the winder to set it more precisely. Eg. band 200-300 or what ever, then wind to 295.0 kHz for example.Make sure toggle switch is set to the ADF.When you are in range the appropriate colour needle will swing into action (I had some pick up immediately, others only when I was real close - Norwegian fjords not too good for signals I guess.If you have it audible you can here the signal.Goes beeping mad when you overfly the beacon, as the needle swings round.I think the signal strength tuner does something - but I have no idea what.

If anyone works out how to tune between 421 through 489 MHz on the ADF, please let me know! A friend highlighted the problem, and he appears to be right.Some wise soul told me that's probably how it was in the 30s, but I'm not sure I share his hypothesis. In any case, the DC-3 panel is battered and worn, so presumably it's supposed to represent a pretty old DC-3 i.e. flying today, or at least later than 30s/40s!I think it probably just doesn't work correctly. Anyone?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Hi and thanks for your replys. Think your right on the last post. Seems like nav needle works sometimes and then not at other times. I could not find anything in the manual about it.