Sign in to follow this  
paula

eyefinity versus tripple to go

Hiis there anyone who is a little technical involved?here is my question and a little explanation.I have fsx windows 7 and I only fly with 737 in the virtual cabine.I found out that i can move the cockpit back and force without the whole landscape is moving back and force.this is due to the tripple including the surrounding game facility.my question is if I will buy and change over to the the new samsung eyefinity screens and ATI card the latest modelwill i have the same feature as the surrounding facility.I dont use the 2D but 3Ddoeke

Hiis there anyone who is a little technical involved?here is my question and a little explanation.I have fsx windows 7 and I only fly with 737 in the virtual cabine.I found out that i can move the cockpit back and force without the whole landscape is moving back and force.this is due to the tripple including the surrounding game facility.my question is if I will buy and change over to the the new samsung eyefinity screens and ATI card the latest modelwill i have the same feature as the surrounding facility.I dont use the 2D but 3Ddoeke
I'm not sure what you're looking for here but I also have the TripleHead2Go device and the ability to move the "cockpit" window back and forth has nothing to do with the Matrox device. The VC cockpit portion of your forward-looking scenery is in a window of its own (only in Window mode). Windows 7 has native support for multiple monitors so you will have the same capability as you have with the Matrox unit - since this really has nothing to do with the unit or, for that matter, the eyefinity function.Regarding cockpit movement in non-Windows mode - I've never tried this but I believe you can't move the scenery around when you're in full window mode.fb

I'm not sure what you're looking for here but I also have the TripleHead2Go device and the ability to move the "cockpit" window back and forth has nothing to do with the Matrox device. The VC cockpit portion of your forward-looking scenery is in a window of its own (only in Window mode). Windows 7 has native support for multiple monitors so you will have the same capability as you have with the Matrox unit - since this really has nothing to do with the unit or, for that matter, the eyefinity function.Regarding cockpit movement in non-Windows mode - I've never tried this but I believe you can't move the scenery around when you're in full window mode.fb
yes i am replying the full windows and as i said the surrouding does make the moveable screen.

Hi,Like the ones before me said, it's possible to move within the virtual cockpit (without moving the terrain outside) in any screen setup-- be it in 3 screens (examp: like on a 5870x1200 resolution setup) or 1 screen ( examp: 1920x1200). But I'd like to warn you before you make a desicion in buying either an ATI card for eyefinity, or the Samsung screens. There's a whole lot of problems involved in recent ATI cards and their drivers (in both single and multi screen setups). I would like to friendly advise you to do a very good (!) research around the net on widescreen forums and such-- about ATI cards, the crashes with ATI cards related to the drivers (grey screens, lockups etc), and the problems involved getting eyefinity (stable) to work (and the tech needed for eyefinity-- like displayport adapters or monitors that have build-in displayports-- because you need at least (!) 1 displayport monitor or displayport adapter/converter, per 3 screens eyefinity! You might want to wait for Nvidia to release their next drivers for surround gaming (same as eyefinity), without needing special adapters or special monitors with displayport ports (and all their problems involved). Their driver to enable this is set to be released the end of the month.StormChaserDisclaimer: I have nothing to do with NVidia, and am in no way related to them.

Hi,Like the ones before me said, it's possible to move within the virtual cockpit (without moving the terrain outside) in any screen setup-- be it in 3 screens (examp: like on a 5870x1200 resolution setup) or 1 screen ( examp: 1920x1200). But I'd like to warn you before you make a desicion in buying either an ATI card for eyefinity, or the Samsung screens. There's a whole lot of problems involved in recent ATI cards and their drivers (in both single and multi screen setups). I would like to friendly advise you to do a very good (!) research around the net on widescreen forums and such-- about ATI cards, the crashes with ATI cards related to the drivers (grey screens, lockups etc), and the problems involved getting eyefinity (stable) to work (and the tech needed for eyefinity-- like displayport adapters or monitors that have build-in displayports-- because you need at least (!) 1 displayport monitor or displayport adapter/converter, per 3 screens eyefinity! You might want to wait for Nvidia to release their next drivers for surround gaming (same as eyefinity), without needing special adapters or special monitors with displayport ports (and all their problems involved). Their driver to enable this is set to be released the end of the month.StormChaserDisclaimer: I have nothing to do with NVidia, and am in no way related to them.
thanks thats helpfulli asked my computer shop who is involved in my wishes and he said that the latest driver has solved some of the problems.Ill wait for some time and see what will come outdoeke

Hi,But I'd like to warn you before you make a desicion in buying either an ATI card for eyefinity, or the Samsung screens. There's a whole lot of problems involved in recent ATI cards and their drivers (in both single and multi screen setups). I would like to friendly advise you to do a very good (!) research around the net on widescreen forums and such-- about ATI cards, the crashes with ATI cards related to the drivers (grey screens, lockups etc), and the problems involved getting eyefinity (stable) to work (and the tech needed for eyefinity-- like displayport adapters or monitors that have build-in displayports-- because you need at least (!) 1 displayport monitor or displayport adapter/converter, per 3 screens eyefinity!
You know I have had the complete opposite experience, Eyefinity wokerd perfectly and flawlessly for me with several different cards. Nvidia on the other hand has been a host of problems. I recently switched from two 5870s in crossfire to 2 GTX 480s, since the 3d surround gaming is not ready yet I had to use a triple-head 2 go. It was a pain to set-up but now that it's all done I am satisfied. With Eyefinity the setup was a snap, just a few mouse clicks.So now you must be wondering why I changed, well, simply put ATI cards don't do that well with clouds and autogen, two things I like very much. Right now the GTXs in SLI are giving me a fantastic experience albeit at a slightly reduced resolution.

You know I have had the complete opposite experience, Eyefinity wokerd perfectly and flawlessly for me with several different cards. Nvidia on the other hand has been a host of problems. I recently switched from two 5870s in crossfire to 2 GTX 480s, since the 3d surround gaming is not ready yet I had to use a triple-head 2 go. It was a pain to set-up but now that it's all done I am satisfied. With Eyefinity the setup was a snap, just a few mouse clicks.So now you must be wondering why I changed, well, simply put ATI cards don't do that well with clouds and autogen, two things I like very much. Right now the GTXs in SLI are giving me a fantastic experience albeit at a slightly reduced resolution.
Hi,It's great for you that eyefinity worked perfectly and flawlessly. For many though it didn't-- and doesn't. ATI admitted the problem first time when recently releasing their 10.2 driver-- read their release notes. I've had several ATI cards in the past and never had any problem. Unfortunately the new ATI cards do have their fair share of problems and it only takes a minute to find out how recent these problems are and what is done to solve it. My reply was just that-- a friendly advisory to make sure to investigate the different brands and possibilities before buying on impulse. Hopefully ATI is able to iron out, soonest, the problems that a fair share of users is still having.. both in single screen and eyefinity.I too am back at Nvidia in SLI after a very bad experience with Sapphire (ATI)-- and my system is as stable as can be with the SLI. I can't wait for Nvidia to release their driver that will enable surround gaming, hopefully at the end at the month-- and get some enjoyment back from all the trouble and money I had to invest to get my expensive multiscreen setup working as initally intended. And for the brief moments that I had the pleasure to experience eyefinity to it's fullest, because it's the most beautiful thing and experience I've had in 30+ years of gaming-- I'm sure it's not going to be dissappointing! Be it Eyefinity, Surround, TH2G or whatever they all (going to) call it-- this is the future of gaming, I have no doubt this is how gaming (and FSX) was meant to be!Cheers!StormChaser