Sign in to follow this  
Nice

worst case scenario

ok imagine yourself in 747 and sudenly all engines are gone automaticly you lose hyd that what hapened to me and i couldnt control plane.now is there any backup system that shoul pump hyd or something if there is tell me pls where i could find it in cockpit.pls dont tell me search forum or manual cause i couldnt find nothing

SOP would be to continuously try to get them started. You will still have control in the real aircraft (And PMDG), 4 engines wind milling will provide sufficient hydraulic pressure to attempt a landing.

Rob Prest

"Take a deep breath and wind your watch", as my old Instructor used to say. Then do what real pilots would do...run the checklist. Start with QRH 6-6 (Multiple Engine Failure) and proceed from their. Most operators specifiy a priority order of Powerplant, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, other. In a multiple failure scenerio this would be your guide as to which checklist to run next.Please sign your full name Daniel, per forum rules.Cheers

Lee Adams

JAFO

Dont know if it's simulated on the PMDG 744 but I should also add that as the aircraft and windmilling engines slow then control would reduce to next to nothing. Also if you tried to extend the flaps you would lose all pressure.

Rob Prest

Dont know if it's simulated on the PMDG 744 but I should also add that as the aircraft and windmilling engines slow then control would reduce to next to nothing. Also if you tried to extend the flaps you would lose all pressure.
i tryed windmil engines but i have to descent to much fast for that.and aux seams that doesnt help to much is there something like air turbine to deploy??

i tryed windmil engines but i have to descent to much fast for that.and aux seams that doesnt help to much is there something like air turbine to deploy??
No RAT installed or APU start in flight.

Rob Prest

Daniel,The Engine hydraulic pumps are designed to continue to offer pressure even with the engine windmilling after failure. The chances of losing all 4 engines is considered so remote that Boeing does not have a RAT or such to act as Back up since you have 4 independent systems with 2 pumps on each system on 4 different powerplants.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg