Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

ASE bundles

I think the folks at active sky are missing out sales, and could remedy that problem with a much needed bundle. They should provide a weather texture package bundled with ASE.I am missing something here? Any thoughts on why this bundle doesn't exist?Tierborn

They may well choose to offer a bundle at some point, but since you can effectively create your own one by purchasing ASE and their graphics enhancement package as well, they may prefer not to spoon feed such a combination to us. They did package AS 6.5 with enhanced graphics as bundle, but maybe that was not a popular seller? I don't know that, but it could explain why they are keeping things separate for ASE.As it stands, there are rather a lot of people who have other cloud sets already (such as REX etc), so perhaps the need for such a bundle is not perceived to be very high.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

They may well choose to offer a bundle at some point, but since you can effectively create your own one by purchasing ASE and their graphics enhancement package as well, they may prefer not to spoon feed such a combination to us. They did package AS 6.5 with enhanced graphics as bundle, but maybe that was not a popular seller? I don't know that, but it could explain why they are keeping things separate for ASE.As it stands, there are rather a lot of people who have other cloud sets already (such as REX etc), so perhaps the need for such a bundle is not perceived to be very high.Al
Thanks for you thoughts .. This is a good thing, the HiFi guys have multiple generations of products on their web site. I know for a fact that some don't know whats compatible with what. The bundle would clear that up. If you read the forums, you would tend to buy both ASE and REX2. With the bundle, you might get folks that like the one stop shopping.

Thanks for you thoughts .. This is a good thing, the HiFi guys have multiple generations of products on their web site. I know for a fact that some don't know whats compatible with what. The bundle would clear that up. If you read the forums, you would tend to buy both ASE and REX2. With the bundle, you might get folks that like the one stop shopping.
One strengh of ASE /ASA is that your may store many vendors textures as snapshots. Let's say FEX, Zinertek, REX or even some free ones. Then restore or switch between..RV

To the OP,Because at the time of release of ASA/ASE to the present there were a number of texture packages out there, we did not bundle anything together. We have only one texture program, X Graphics, which will integrate with ASX, ASA, and ASE, all for FSX.