Sign in to follow this  
Guest Geomorphologist

A problem using FS9 in win7

Guest Geomorphologist

Howdi all.I've started using FS under win7 and it's seems to run fine besides one major problem - When I switch the windows to another one in windows during FS is on, I can't switch back to FS. It's quite annoying when it happens and I can't return to my flight. Any ideas ?I've already unistalled and installed CCC, I've checked 'disable visual themes' and 'disable window composition' - But still, No disco :(I'm really desperate, Sometimes it happens due random window jumping on the screen and I can't do anything about it.Thank you in advance.Lauren.

To task switch in w7, I believe you could try the following: hit the windows key to move to desktop or another app (you may have to hit it a few times) When you are ready to return to FS9 fullscreen, press the FS9 icon on the taskbar and then press enter. Please note, this is what works in FSX under Windows 7, not sure if it applies to FS9 but it may be worth a try.Good luck!

Guest Geomorphologist
To task switch in w7, I believe you could try the following: hit the windows key to move to desktop or another app (you may have to hit it a few times) When you are ready to return to FS9 fullscreen, press the FS9 icon on the taskbar and then press enter. Please note, this is what works in FSX under Windows 7, not sure if it applies to FS9 but it may be worth a try.Good luck!
Thanks for the reply.I tried it, No luck. Hoping for more replies :)

I use FS9 in windowed mode, expanded so it covers the full screen. Not the same as "full screen" mode I know , but I dont get any window switching problems this way.

Peter Schluter

Guest Geomorphologist
I use FS9 in windowed mode, expanded so it covers the full screen. Not the same as "full screen" mode I know , but I dont get any window switching problems this way.
Thank you. So other than that, There's no solution ?

Task switching works for me in W7 and FS9 full-screen; alt-tab to switch to get out of FS9, and then click the FS9 icon in the taskbar to re-start. What's interesting though is that if I task switch from FS9, when I re-start, I have to press the 'Alt' key once (bringing up the menu bar), or else the kneeboard (F10) and FSNav (F9) won't display.;)

Task switching works for me in W7 and FS9 full-screen; alt-tab to switch to get out of FS9, and then click the FS9 icon in the taskbar to re-start. What's interesting though is that if I task switch from FS9, when I re-start, I have to press the 'Alt' key once (bringing up the menu bar), or else the kneeboard (F10) and FSNav (F9) won't display.;)
This is an old thread but here's my 2 cents worth >> Win 7-64 bit and FSX >> following FSX minimization, to restore FSX to full screenright-click the task bar and "Start Task Manager". Then double click "Microsoft Flight Simulator X". Alternatively you can Right-Click"Microsoft Flight Simulator X" and then select "Switch To" or "Bring to Front". If anyone has a more permanent fix for this issue that will cause FSX to behave correctly in this regard, please share.............Best to all,Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman