Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

Quick Question I Hope

Hi evryone, I am thinking of buying a new sbgr scenery and there are two that look identical. I was wondering which one is "better". I am interested in moving jetways and, realistic afcad and detaailed buildings. Which one do you guys like and which one would fit my needs. Thank you

OK - I'll bite - I like the first one..

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I like the second one Paul..........................to each his own. :(

Hi evryone, I am thinking of buying a new sbgr scenery and there are two that look identical. I was wondering which one is "better". I am interested in moving jetways and, realistic afcad and detaailed buildings. Which one do you guys like and which one would fit my needs. Thank you
I am guessing that your wondering about the TropicalSim SBGR and the LatinVFR SBGR?Funny that you should ask about these two sceneries because I had been thinking about getting one of them since I fly into SBGR from SBRJ and SBGL a bit. Before I was able to actually pull the trigger on either one, I had been helping one of the fellows at TropicalSim with something and he gave me a copy of SBGR, so I can at least speak to it.The TropicalSim SBGR is really good looking and I get good performance with it on my system. The only drawback to the TropicalSim version is the night lighting as far as the approach, runway, taxiway and taxiway centerline lights are way to big and bright in my opinion. On approach you can see some really bright green lights on the ground which are the lights from the taxiway centerlines. Unfortunately the way the lighting is done in this scenery the FSX.cfg tweaks for the light scalars dont apply. The work around for me was to open the supplied ADE file and add taxiway centerline lights in it and remove a bgl called sbgrx_centrelight.bgl from the scenery folder. Just doing that made the lighting look a lot better, but the runway and taxiway edge lights are still a little too bright and noticable from a distance for me, but I am pretty happy with it at the moment. I tried doing the same with the runway lights, but adding them in the ADE doesn't make them apprear bright enough at night since they sit slight below the custom runway textures, so I had to stick with the runway lights that were provided.The one thing about the TropicalSim version that I do like a lot is the terminal lighting at night. I actaully flew into this airport in real life about six months ago at night and I think TropicalSim did a good job representing how the airport looks at night, with the exception of the lights I mentioned before.As far as the LatinVFR version goes, I don't have it but had been seriousluy considering getting it prior to receiving the TropicalSim version. The two things that I do like about the LatinVFR version is that it comes with a photoreal ground layer that covers the area around the airport and is done a lot better than the same photoreal ground layer that comes with BluePrint Simulations airports. The other plus in my opinion to the LatinVFR version is that from the screen shots it looks like they are able to use the default FSX runway and taxiway lighting which I prefer since I can tweak it myself. I haven't seen a lot of up close screen shots at night of the terminals in the LatinVFR version so I can really compare as to what looks better to me.As far as the ADE/AFCAD that comes with both airports, it was explained by both vendors that a lot of airports in both South and Central America dont have a lot of gates that airlines use on a regualr basis like it is at large hubs in the US where an airline like American occupies the same set of gates all the time. If you want however to assign certain gates to a particular airline you can edit that yourself easily with the ADE program. As it is now, the ADE that comes with the TropicalSim version works well for me.I also run a photoreal ground texture package for Sao Paulo the covers the SBGR area, so having an included photoreal ground layer included like the LatinVFR version gives you, wasn't a big deal for me.Hope this helps.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JSkorna
I like the first one and the second one!

Thank you all, in the end I bought the rio pack that gives me four airports for a good price. The only thing I didn't get was moving jetways and vehicles but I can live with it. Now which Dublin to buy (hahahaha) thanks

I am guessing that your wondering about the TropicalSim SBGR and the LatinVFR SBGR?Funny that you should ask about these two sceneries because I had been thinking about getting one of them since I fly into SBGR from SBRJ and SBGL a bit. Before I was able to actually pull the trigger on either one, I had been helping one of the fellows at TropicalSim with something and he gave me a copy of SBGR, so I can at least speak to it.The TropicalSim SBGR is really good looking and I get good performance with it on my system. The only drawback to the TropicalSim version is the night lighting as far as the approach, runway, taxiway and taxiway centerline lights are way to big and bright in my opinion. On approach you can see some really bright green lights on the ground which are the lights from the taxiway centerlines. Unfortunately the way the lighting is done in this scenery the FSX.cfg tweaks for the light scalars dont apply. The work around for me was to open the supplied ADE file and add taxiway centerline lights in it and remove a bgl called sbgrx_centrelight.bgl from the scenery folder. Just doing that made the lighting look a lot better, but the runway and taxiway edge lights are still a little too bright and noticable from a distance for me, but I am pretty happy with it at the moment. I tried doing the same with the runway lights, but adding them in the ADE doesn't make them apprear bright enough at night since they sit slight below the custom runway textures, so I had to stick with the runway lights that were provided.The one thing about the TropicalSim version that I do like a lot is the terminal lighting at night. I actaully flew into this airport in real life about six months ago at night and I think TropicalSim did a good job representing how the airport looks at night, with the exception of the lights I mentioned before.As far as the LatinVFR version goes, I don't have it but had been seriousluy considering getting it prior to receiving the TropicalSim version. The two things that I do like about the LatinVFR version is that it comes with a photoreal ground layer that covers the area around the airport and is done a lot better than the same photoreal ground layer that comes with BluePrint Simulations airports. The other plus in my opinion to the LatinVFR version is that from the screen shots it looks like they are able to use the default FSX runway and taxiway lighting which I prefer since I can tweak it myself. I haven't seen a lot of up close screen shots at night of the terminals in the LatinVFR version so I can really compare as to what looks better to me.As far as the ADE/AFCAD that comes with both airports, it was explained by both vendors that a lot of airports in both South and Central America dont have a lot of gates that airlines use on a regualr basis like it is at large hubs in the US where an airline like American occupies the same set of gates all the time. If you want however to assign certain gates to a particular airline you can edit that yourself easily with the ADE program. As it is now, the ADE that comes with the TropicalSim version works well for me.I also run a photoreal ground texture package for Sao Paulo the covers the SBGR area, so having an included photoreal ground layer included like the LatinVFR version gives you, wasn't a big deal for me.Hope this helps.

Bosflo, that's the same package I got.There are about 34 missing textures spread between the 4 airports and you will notice it if you use the missing texture alert in your FSX.cfg. I have been working with Leandro to correct this and I have those 34 textures if you want me to email them to you, but I believe Leandro is going to issue a patch at some point. I can also send you the modified ADE file for SBGR that adds the default taxiway centerline lights so you can remove the large green ones that come with the package, if you want it.Let me know if you want the missing textures.Regards

Thank you, but it looks good to me so I don't want to change anything. How do you like the scenery? I think it is a good purchase for the money. I don't fly there often but will have to now to enjoy it. Maybe an update will fix it and add moving jetways, thanks again.

Bosflo, that's the same package I got.There are about 34 missing textures spread between the 4 airports and you will notice it if you use the missing texture alert in your FSX.cfg. I have been working with Leandro to correct this and I have those 34 textures if you want me to email them to you, but I believe Leandro is going to issue a patch at some point. I can also send you the modified ADE file for SBGR that adds the default taxiway centerline lights so you can remove the large green ones that come with the package, if you want it.Let me know if you want the missing textures.Regards

Thank you, but it looks good to me so I don't want to change anything. How do you like the scenery? I think it is a good purchase for the money. I don't fly there often but will have to now to enjoy it. Maybe an update will fix it and add moving jetways, thanks again.
I don't think I have ever heard anyone say they will pass on textures that are supposed to be included in a scenery. :( The missing textures I offered are from TropicalSim, not me, they just haven't published them yet. Suit yourself though. Personally I like it when all the textures to a scenery are showing, but thats just me. The most glaring error are the missing runway textures at SBGL that result in the black squares near the end of the runway.Just make sure you dont turn on the missing texture alerts in the FSX.cfg or you will not be able to make a flight near any of the airports without the warning popping up every few minutes.I wouldn't count on seeing moving jetways unless you buy AES for these airports if its available, but I like the 4 sceneries, however I am not too crazy about the night lights at SBGR. Overall though its a good value to get 4 airports.