Sign in to follow this  
Qantasdude555

Where can I get simconnect?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I need simconnect for AITT2 but I don't know how to get itin fact I hardly know what it is. Can you download it? thanks.

Hi,It's automatically installed when you install FSX. It is also included with the SDKs for FSX.

Hi,It's automatically installed when you install FSX. It is also included with the SDKs for FSX.
Hi and thanks but how come when I start AITT2 it comes up with AITT2 could no start because simconnect.DLL is missing.Thanks V much for help. :)

Hi and thanks but how come when I start AITT2 it comes up with AITT2 could no start because simconnect.DLL is missing.Thanks V much for help. :)
HiThere are different versions of Simconnect. I bet it's an installation problem you are facing with FSX.If you are NOT using "Acceleration pack", proceed as followsInstall FSXRun FSX once then close itInstall FSX SP1Run FSX once then close itInstall FSX SP2You should have all versions of simconnect installed when you are done.Gerald. R.

HiThere are different versions of Simconnect. I bet it's an installation problem you are facing with FSX.If you are NOT using "Acceleration pack", proceed as followsInstall FSXRun FSX once then close itInstall FSX SP1Run FSX once then close itInstall FSX SP2You should have all versions of simconnect installed when you are done.Gerald. R.
Hi I have FSX acceleration so I should have SP2?

Hey,My computer screwed up so I reinstalled windows 7 and FSX and acceleration I tried to get AITT2 again so I installed it but it still says simconnect.DLL is missing.I also started up each FSX before I installed the next one.Is there anything I need to download?thanks.

First check if all three versions have installed.go to the folder windows\winsxs. do a search for simconnect. You should find three simconnect.dll amongst other stuff. If not, check which versions you got. To get them all together download and install the fsx sdk. The sdk is also on your cd's/dvd's I believe.

I was having trouble with the wrong version of simconnect installed. I read a thread on here (I forget where it is). On disk 1 I installed the SDK. Then I followed a suggestion from the thread . I got into the registry with regedit and did a search on simconnect and deleted all the entries I could find. It was a long process. Be careful with regedit. Be sure to not delete any entries that might mess up your system. I went back to the SDK and installed the simconnect thing. I think it installs three versions. This routine cured my problems. My test platform was trying to install FSrecorder and fsuipc. It worked. The culprit seems to be that version 10.0.608xxxxxx was the reason it wouldn't work. Well anyway, I'm back in business.