Sign in to follow this  
hsung

Freeway Vehicle Traffic in WSSS Package

I am using the WSSS package - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...p;CatID=fsxscen - beautifully created by Jim Vile.It includes an optional WSSS_ade_TRAFFIC_jv_cvx.bgl file that adds freeway vehicle traffic to all the freeway/motorways (set to a maximum of 30 percent). This causes my computer (with 2 Gig RAM) to crash upon landing at the airport and creates stutters when my aircraft is near or taxing in the airport.I have tried removing this file, and performance improves significantly but there is no more vehicle traffic :( So my question is how can I reduce the vehicle traffic - e.g., to 10 percent?I have tried emailing Jim some time ago, but he has not replied.

Harry Sung

I am using the WSSS package - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...p;CatID=fsxscen - beautifully created by Jim Vile.It includes an optional WSSS_ade_TRAFFIC_jv_cvx.bgl file that adds freeway vehicle traffic to all the freeway/motorways (set to a maximum of 30 percent). This causes my computer (with 2 Gig RAM) to crash upon landing at the airport and creates stutters when my aircraft is near or taxing in the airport.I have tried removing this file, and performance improves significantly but there is no more vehicle traffic :( So my question is how can I reduce the vehicle traffic - e.g., to 10 percent?I have tried emailing Jim some time ago, but he has not replied.
Reduce the traffic percent to a lesser value then 30 percent. Vehicle Traffic uses a lot of resources (RAM)jim

That setting is adjusted by going to Settings/Customize/TrafficThere you will see the various sliders which can be set.

Reduce the traffic percent to a lesser value then 30 percent. Vehicle Traffic uses a lot of resources (RAM)jim
Hi Jim,My "Road vehicles" Traffic slider is set to 12%, but I get a lot more vehicle traffic at WSSS than other airports. If I remove the WSSS_ade_TRAFFIC_jv_cvx.bgl file, I don't get any freeway vehicle traffic. So, I am looking for the possibility of tweaking the traffic file to reduce the vehicle traffic.Thanks, Harry

Harry Sung

Hi Jim,My "Road vehicles" Traffic slider is set to 12%, but I get a lot more vehicle traffic at WSSS than other airports. If I remove the WSSS_ade_TRAFFIC_jv_cvx.bgl file, I don't get any freeway vehicle traffic. So, I am looking for the possibility of tweaking the traffic file to reduce the vehicle traffic.Thanks, Harry
There is no disassembler for any .cvx type file once it is compiled using shp2vec. You need to find out why your vehicle traffic slider is not working properly. You may have added a 3rd party mesh that includes additional vehicle traffic for the singapore area and deactivate it.

I'm not sure how the traffic slider modulates the freeway traffic, but all the cvx file can do is turn on lanes of traffic. The types of vehicles (models) that are generated is controlled by lwcfg.spb, and the total number by PopulationDensity.bgl. lwcfg.spb can be edited (after converting with spb2xml) and you can create population density overlay files (like landclass). Looking at PopulationDensity.bgl in tmfviewer it appears to be 60% in the area of WSSS.scott s..