Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

FS9, Unable to lock/ unlock tailwheel with switch or SHIFT-G

FS2004: Hi, I am unable to lock / unlock the tailwheel with the switch in the cockpit or by pressing the SHIFT-G key (e.g. DC-3). Here is what in my opinion should happen: if I unock the tailwheel and move the rudderpedals the tailwheel should also move. Am I right?Well nothing happens when I use the SHIFT-G or the cockpit switch! The airplane much harder to steer on ground!Can somebody give me a hint? Thank you guys.Regards Frank

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't think you can steer the tailwheel. The locking is just to keep it from turning on the runway.This is how I taxi the DC3:Straight forward: Lock tailwheel (shift + g)Turning when in motion: Unlock wheel and use individual brakes (F11 left and F12 right main wheel)Steep turn from non moving bird: Use only one engine (e+1 or e+2 and e+1+2 to engage both again)Hope this helps, and please tell me if you find an easier way ;)

>ORN is right, the tailwheel is not steerable. The lock is to>prevent the tailwheel oscillating (when this is the right wird>in English, I am not sure!).>Your english is fine - that's the correct word. :)Vic