Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

The New 737NGX PMDG sounds

Hello from me, my first post and I hope I will make good use of this forum. I was always knocked back by the PMDG 737 for FS9. But when I went on a real 737-800 the soundsseemed a lot different. I liked the default sounds but then some sound developers did there own version (I can't remember their names) and put it on AVSIM. And this did remind me of the sound of the real 737NGs.Are the PMDG team planing to created realistic sounds much like they did with the 747 queen of the sky? This would be really cool if they are? To me sound is everything and boost the simulation.

Hello from me, my first post and I hope I will make good use of this forum. I was always knocked back by the PMDG 737 for FS9. But when I went on a real 737-800 the soundsseemed a lot different. I liked the default sounds but then some sound developers did there own version (I can't remember their names) and put it on AVSIM. And this did remind me of the sound of the real 737NGs.Are the PMDG team planing to created realistic sounds much like they did with the 747 queen of the sky? This would be really cool if they are? To me sound is everything and boost the simulation.
Dear Julian,I can't comment about the original 737 as it was developed before I joined, but as for the new 737, I can say that we are going to be pulling out all the stops to make this the most accomplished soundset ever seen on any PMDG aircraft!! ;) I am very confident that we are going to have an amazing, immersive, realistic pilot sound experience with this aircraft.Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Dear Julian,I can't comment about the original 737 as it was developed before I joined, but as for the new 737, I can say that we are going to be pulling out all the stops to make this the most accomplished soundset ever seen on any PMDG aircraft!! ;) I am very confident that we are going to have an amazing, immersive, realistic pilot sound experience with this aircraft.Cheers,
Thank you this is great news. A lot of us a really looking forward to the release.

Armen, this is really good news. While many simmers focus primarily on the visuals, I enjoy the immersion that can only be accomplished through a detailed and polished soundset. It is the sounds that bring "life" to the sim, and I'm very excited about what is in store for us.

Guest carlonch

Thanks Armen, sound immersion is decisive to complete a winner 737 NGX as this will be. Just curious: there is a special noise that the gear makes when it's being retracted, it's very distinctive in the 737, almost like a continuous tremble at the end of the retraction... it's not a plain sound. Hope it makes sense.RegardsCarlos ZegarraGCLP

Thanks Armen, sound immersion is decisive to complete a winner 737 NGX as this will be. Just curious: there is a special noise that the gear makes when it's being retracted, it's very distinctive in the 737, almost like a continuous tremble at the end of the retraction... it's not a plain sound. Hope it makes sense.RegardsCarlos ZegarraGCLP
Hi Carlos,Funny you should mention that! I was on a couple of 738s flights in row one a few weeks ago and that was one of the first observations I discussed with the team! I hope we will include that strange rattling sound .... :)Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I've heard that also; I believe that's the nose wheel spinning to a stop?

I've heard that also; I believe that's the nose wheel spinning to a stop?
Greetings,Could be, was there anything about the gear retraction motor running for a few extra seconds for some reason?Cheers,Matt Barton

You guys are right. The nose wheels are retracted by hydraulics and in the retracted position rub against "snubbers" to stop the rotation. The main gear wheels use the braking system (automatically) to stop rotation during gear retraction.

In my experience, thats the first modification I make to every payware package I buy, quite frankly most developers dont put that much effort into the engine sounds, I wouldn't blame them as IMHO its better to stick to technical realism. The original PMDG 737 has pretty lame sounds as far as engines are concerned and and the groundroll sound is just awful, but the basic gaugue sounds like avionics cooling fans and pitch trim wheel are quite nice. Id say that at least 80% of the aircraft I have bought have some unsatisfactory aspect in their sound package (In my opinion), but It doesnt bother me one bit, because there is so much good freeware sound available, I use Patrick Cramers excellent 737 CFM56-7 freeware sounds in my NG. There are a couple aircraft addons that have amazing sounds, but then again many of those specialize in eye candy and "ear arousal". It would be nice If NGX had a 100% satisfactory (for my tastes) soundpack out of the box, but then again I wouldnt care if it didn't, and I'm 80% sure Ill tweak something (based on experience), though i would like to hear some innovaive gauge sounds and cockpit environment sounds and hope that it would focus on the sound environment as heard on the flight deck and not as heard from seat 6A (for those who like TSS sounds), but PMDG being what it is, I highly doubt they would commit such a 'crime'smile.gif Keep up the Excellent Work Richard Shaw

First post for me.I read earlier from one of the developers that the project will take what it takes and if need be it will be out in 2014! I for one am glad to hear this. I've heard many a time from A320 to F100 simulators the terms "most realistic ever" only to discover that it's just an amateur effort at best. What follows is multiple updates bugs and problems.I'm hoping to see the characteristic shudder that you get on landing when you lower the nose wheel. The glareshield moves quite a bit with the vibration. It really stands out if you've never seen it before.

A great soundset is paramount to an almost realistic flying experience. Looking forward to it.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Don't forget that you need a good speaker setup (or headset) to get the most out of any soundset. A good subwoofer will enhance your experience by several magnitutes.I wonder, what are the limits of FSX's sound engine with regards to sample and bit rates?