Sign in to follow this  
annber

UNABLE TO STEER PLANE ON GROUND

Hi,I am new to this forum, but someone recommended that I post here about my problem. It has been about 3 weeks that I have noticed that while on the ground the plane does not respond when turning, in fact it turns without my touching the joystick and the rudder is stuck to the left (or right, not sure). Sometimes it works fine when I taxi out, but as soon as I land the problem is there and I am unable to taxi to the gate as it just does its own thing.Should I reinstall? I have no idea, so any help will be much appreciated.annber.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Guest bratonabike
Hi,I am new to this forum, but someone recommended that I post here about my problem. It has been about 3 weeks that I have noticed that while on the ground the plane does not respond when turning, in fact it turns without my touching the joystick and the rudder is stuck to the left (or right, not sure). Sometimes it works fine when I taxi out, but as soon as I land the problem is there and I am unable to taxi to the gate as it just does its own thing.Should I reinstall? I have no idea, so any help will be much appreciated.annber.
try the registry repair tool: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library4th one downyou can also try re-calibrating your joystick (thats assuming your using one), sometimes FSX can hiccup and screw up the joystick control. remeber that re-instal should be the absolute LAST option. many bugs can be fixed without reinstalling

Forgive an obvious question..you are disengaging the Autopilot and Autothrottle prior to landing?Please post full names in this forum per PMDG rules.

Lee Adams

JAFO

Forgive an obvious question..you are disengaging the Autopilot and Autothrottle prior to landing?Please post full names in this forum per PMDG rules.
Hi Randy,I will post my name, although all purchases were done through my wife (just in case people check). To answer your question, sometimes I do let the plane land on autopilot.Having said that, and if you are thinking that having autopilot & autothrottle on could be part of the problem, I will say that it also happens after leaving the gate and trying to taxi for takeoff.Thanks for your postBernardo Carliannber.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Bernardo,FS9 or FSX? What joystick are you using and have you calibrated it since the problem began? A screen shot of the main and overhead panel would help if you can get one.

Lee Adams

JAFO

If you're experiencing sudden, uncommanded rudder deflection upon touchdown, the simplest solution is to press Keypad 5 which will center the rudder and should give you full steering control.

If you're experiencing sudden, uncommanded rudder deflection upon touchdown, the simplest solution is to press Keypad 5 which will center the rudder and should give you full steering control.
With NumLock off.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Bernardo,FS9 or FSX? What joystick are you using and have you calibrated it since the problem began? A screen shot of the main and overhead panel would help if you can get one.
Randy,FS9, my joystick is a basic Logitech attack3, and I have not calibrated it since this started. I will try to find a way to get a screen shot when I get back home tonight.Thanks, Randy.Thanks Jerry and Eric.Bernardo Carli

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Guest SetW

I've been having the same problem in FS9 with a CH joystick. But it only happens with the 747. The PMDG 737-800 never has this problem. And if I can manage to get to the runway the horn sounds when I take off and the autopilot won't engage. I can't seen anything set improperly that would cause the horn.Scott Walker

Guest 413X3

is auto-rudder enabled in the realism menu?

Guest SetW

Yes it was. That was the first thing I checked.

Guest 413X3

uncheck the box and that should fix it. Regarding takeoff horns you are just not following the checklists correctly.

Guest SetW

Shouldn't I be getting an error message from the Eicas?

Hi just to add my thoughts on this lately sometimes i noitce that my rudders are locked to the left or right depending on what day it is lol so steering unable to do, simple solution for me was to unplug the joystick usb from pc and plug it back in works all the time for me when i have this problem

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg