Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

ATC voice addons?

What are the ATC voice add-ons that are available out there?I only know of Radar Contact and EditVoicePack, and neither sound very realistic to my ears. Are there any other payware ATC add-ons out there that some would recommend?

Beyond Radar Contact, the other ATC program of particular merit is probably Pro Flight Emulator. I'm sure if you ever used the original Pro Flight with FS 2000, then you will know how absolutely fantastic that was. PFE updates it, making it possible to use Pro Flight with FS9 and FSX. It's been enhanced and modernised a bit in the process too, with added voice sets also available for it to expand it further. It's not cheap, but it almost certainly will do what you want in terms of planning a flight and then hearing and interacting with ATC throughout. I'm pretty sure you can hear samples of the sound on the PFE website: http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pfe_details1.htmHaving said that, if you use a microphone and voice interaction with Radar Contact, it does make it considerably more engaging. There are a number of ways to do that, but my favourite way to achieve that would certainly be via the voice recognition capabilities of Multi Crew Experience, which work well with Radar Contact.ATC Simulator 2 will allow a real person to control FS9 aircraft via linking the two programs, but won't do it with FSX unfortunately, which is a shame, because that would be really cool. It's also a shame that the wonderful London Control can't do that, since it blows ATC Sim 2 out of the skies on voice recognition, but that's going a bit off topic, so really the only options on that score are IVAO and Vatsim, with real people doing the controlling.So, I'd give Pro Flight Emulator a fly by if I were you.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

How about VOX ATC? I find it the most realistic computerized ATC for MSFS by far.Dirk.