Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

747-8I and -8F range

i'm looking into a purchase of the -8 extension. but i heard the range is the same as the 747-400. i have backed up my -400 cfg and was wondering if anyone could give me replacements for the FUEL section so i can test the range before i buy, because i would like a near 8000nm 747.cheers guys

i'm looking into a purchase of the -8 extension. but i heard the range is the same as the 747-400. i have backed up my -400 cfg and was wondering if anyone could give me replacements for the FUEL section so i can test the range before i buy, because i would like a near 8000nm 747.cheers guys
Its going to be the exact same as the 744...its only a model.

Sorry it can't since the fueltanks do not have much more capacity and the aircraft is rather heavy even not loaded with payload.

ok cheers. i hope someday PMDG will update the CFG to -8 Standards!cheers

is there anyway the range can be extended to the 8000nm.
It can but, and it is a very big but, the 747-8 is only a model. It is the same 747-400 with a pretty skin stretched over it. You can adjust the fuel tanks if you really want to, (have a look at the LAX to Sydney thread in the 747 forum for details). According to wikipedia, the 747-8I can carry 64,055 US gallons while the PMDG 747-400 is configured for 57,200. Just making the fuel tanks larger is not enough though, because the -400 does not have the dash8's engines, fuel flow or aero dynamic improvements.

is there anyway to alter the cfg file to reflect the actual -8 or is that a job for PMDG

is there anyway to alter the cfg file to reflect the actual -8 or is that a job for PMDG
Depends what you mean by 'reflect'. The model from PMDG 'looks' like the 747-8i, but it is not a full 747-8I simulation.

Depends what you mean by 'reflect'. The model from PMDG 'looks' like the 747-8i, but it is not a full 747-8I simulation.
like fuel burn, range payload etc

like fuel burn, range payload etc
You are out of luck there. There is stuff that can be tweaked in the config files (but really shouldn't), but they do not change the fact that this is a 747-400 wearing a pretty dress.