Sign in to follow this  
CrystalFrontier

Folders missing, but planes are there!

This is truly odd,after re-installing FSX, AI traffic is clearly visible, the way it should be, gladly. Still, I wanted to make some changes and update flightplans, but I can't find the respective folders anymore! First I thought this was yet another VISTA explorer thingy, but they also don't show up in XP (running both).To my knowledge, ALL AI planes are considered FSX -> SimObjects -> Airplanes with one folder to each model, right? So, how can they happily fly around FSX, but don't have the respective folders where they should be?The problem being, I'd like to make changes in flightplans and also in the fleets, but I can't access the cfg. files if they don't show in the Explorer!Confused and hoping for help.Thanks!CF

Thanks for reading! But forget about it, I found the problem ;) I've backupped WOAI files, but instead of Just backing them up, they were removed, and restore doesn't work, so I have to install them all over again :( So don't ever create WOAI backups!

Thanks for reading! But forget about it, I found the problem ;) I've backupped WOAI files, but instead of Just backing them up, they were removed, and restore doesn't work, so I have to install them all over again :( So don't ever create WOAI backups!
When you do a backup you should verify to see if all needed items are there prior to reinstallation.Best thing to do is a manual backop of the aicraft folders and the traffic files

Kind Regards,

Tom van der Horst

World-of-AI

The WOAI Backup utility has always worked just fine for me - it has never removed anything at all. It just created a zip file with all of the aircraft, traffic files and the "history" file named WOAIDATAX and then placed the zip file in the WOAI installer folder.If you had problems I have to suspect "operator error" of some kind.