Hi Bryan,Can you confirm that I'm using AES with FS2Crew correctly. I'm using AES for pushback, so I'm configuring FS2Crew for no pushback required since I'm assuming that FS2Crew does not integrate with and control AES functions. Is this correct?ThanksSteve

Stephen Munn

Guest BenBaron
Hi Bryan,Can you confirm that I'm using AES with FS2Crew correctly. I'm using AES for pushback, so I'm configuring FS2Crew for no pushback required since I'm assuming that FS2Crew does not integrate with and control AES functions. Is this correct?ThanksSteve
Hi Steve,yes, thats how it is supposed to work...as you're using AES for push there is no need for FS2CREW to do the job :( .

OK thanks for that.Are there any plans to integrate with AES? E.g. if AES is set to ON and you request pushback, it sends the appropriate function key to AES to start its pushback. It would be cool featureBest wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

OK thanks for that.Are there any plans to integrate with AES? E.g. if AES is set to ON and you request pushback, it sends the appropriate function key to AES to start its pushback. It would be cool featureBest wishesSteve
I don't think an SDK is available for AES that allows such functionality. And if key presses are available, I'm reluctant to use them because key presses can be easily intercepted.Cheers,

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but in the same vein I'm wondering what the best procedure is for AES controlled pushback and contacting ground in FS2Crew? Could you use the not required procedure in that you would contact ground, state "we're ready", and then "you can disconnect now", then start the engines? Or is it better to skip contacting ground all together?

- Aaron

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but in the same vein I'm wondering what the best procedure is for AES controlled pushback and contacting ground in FS2Crew? Could you use the not required procedure in that you would contact ground, state "we're ready", and then "you can disconnect now", then start the engines? Or is it better to skip contacting ground all together?
If using AES, I recommend skipping contacting the FS2Crew start crew.Cheers,