Sign in to follow this  
Gramps ZA

COMPUTER OUT OF MEMORY

All of a sudden the J41 freezes and a pop up screen says I have run out of memory and I must change the settings and reduce the amount of ferries etc etc. This has never happened before . I have turned them down to test and the J41 still crashes. The MD11 is not affected with full srttings or default traffic etc. I have changed drivers to 258.96 to no avail.The card is cool at 58c. Not sure why it only crashes on J41 and this has only started recently.

What is your operating system? There are dozens of threads on OOM errors here, basically dealing with inability of 32b OS to use above 2GB memory.

Dan Downs KCRP

Windows Vista SP2.All other PMDG products work perfectly such as MD11 and 747.

Guest Seria17hri11er

If you don't know about NickN's FSX and Windows XP, Vista, and 7 Tweak guide, you are wrong!http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041Scroll about a 1/4 way down the post and find:

USING MORE/LESS or EQUAL to 2GIGS OF SYSTEM MEMORY IN WINDOWS XP x32 OR VISTA X32 with OOM-OR-HOW TO PROPERLY TUNE VIRTUAL ADDRESS SPACE IN WINDOWS (x32) FOR OUT OF MEMORY ERRORSx64 operating systems do not need the following changes

Cheers!Nick Mathews