Sign in to follow this  
Dave Morgan

Returning to FU3

Hello again,The other question, since now I can actually fly FU3 for more than 20 minutes.When flying Lars Peter Galaasen's United Express B1900D, in beech1900d.zip, I noticed I can't set the transponder when given a squawk code by ATC. When I start the plane up, the gauge shows the expected default 1200 but when I try to set the signal ordered by ATC I find the range of frequencies available is 0190 to 1605. This matches an NDB receiver. Could anyone tell me how to change that attribute of a gauge? In primary school language?Cheers,Dave

Hello.I am Sorry for the late response for the topic.I am not very often logged into the forum.The instruments for the FU3 "beech" are made from the cocppit designer tools in the year 2000-2002 for win. 98SE.It will work within this O.S. win.98SE and win.XP.I have never tried this for "OS MS.VISTA- or WIN.7" Therfore it will be to try/error - and modify files i think.Take care.Lars Peter.

Hi Dave,Heres the panel I use for setting the 1900's squawk.jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Hi Jim, Hi Lars Peter,I'm sorry I've been wasting your time. I had a long play with a lot of stuff at the weekend and found I was trying to use the wrong gauge. I was going to finish this thread off this morning but you both beat me to it.Jim, you're right... I hadn't noticed that gauge & was trying to use what I guess is the NDB receiver, fooled into looking no further by its default value of 1200. Doh.Lars Peter, the 'plane works beautifully with XP3. Thank you.And thanks both for taking the time to reply.Kind regards,D

Hello Guys, and Dave in particular.This could be another of several 'senior moments' :( I've had recently, but I can't find the Beech 1900D in the file library.Any help would be appreciated.Regards............StuartPS Great to see that the forum seems to have sprung to life again. :(

Hey Stuart,How are you?I can't find it either.Lars-Peter's email address is in the packages/read.install.txt of his recent fu3-packages.zip upload to the FU3 section of the library. Maybe he can re-upload?I can mail you the zip if you want it urgently but... my home PC is not connected to the big wide world so it has minimal malware protection. You'd have to scan for viruses et c. at work or the local caff before putting the file on your PC just to be sure.Alternatively, if neither suggestion bears fruit I'll offer it as a re-submission to the library on Lars-Peter's behalf though I'd like to give a few weeks before doing that so he has a chance to read this thread.Regards,D

Hello.I have read the problem, and I can see over my old Computer/discettes to locate the original beech uploaded.The files was deleted during the "Avsim hacking".The panel needs some upgrading, but I can reupload the original files.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Hello Dave and Lars,Lars, I am sure it would be appreciated by all if you could re-upload the Beech1900D. Thank you for the 'Fu3 packages', I for one will enjoy picking the bones clean on that one - making sure I don't cause any CTD issues by exceeding the add-on limit :( Dave,Thanks for the offer re supplying the zip file , but I'll wait for Lars to re-upload if he can.I've got a hangar full of FU3 aircraft I need to roll out again :( BTW are you having fun with the UK stuff you can download for FS9 ? There's no limits to this simming lark is there :rolleyes:Best to all..........Stuart

Hello,The Beech.1900d is uploaded to the library again.Thanks to Jim Buffet. "juvat", who send me the original Zip.files to reupload.Take care.Lars Peter.

Thanks for the re-upload Lars Peter - a nice plane !I forgot about the issue with newer Nvidia cards when I downloaded it and was presented with a garbled cockpit display when I fired the sim up.I then tried to find the 'quick guide' I put up on the site a while back and found that it had been deleted for some reason.Just in case anyone else needs it, I have posted a request for it to be restored to the site.Regards.............Stuart :(

Thanks for the re-upload Lars Peter - a nice plane !I forgot about the issue with newer Nvidia cards when I downloaded it and was presented with a garbled cockpit display when I fired the sim up.I then tried to find the 'quick guide' I put up on the site a while back and found that it had been deleted for some reason.Just in case anyone else needs it, I have posted a request for it to be restored to the site.Regards.............Stuart :(
I just downloaded the aircraft again and found the "RECTS" issue that is described under "I found it!" among the pinned messages. I then launched Cockpit Designer and made it Nvidia compatible. Hans Petter

Hi Hans Petter,What I forgot to mention was that I had kept a copy of the 'quick guide' I had posted for my own use- as I knew I would forget what to do exactly!I have asked admin to re-upload the guide for those who , like me, are less IT proficient.Thanks again for finding the solution to the problem in the first place !Regards ...Stuart :(