Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Steve_

MD-11 Installation problems with Win 7.

Guest _Steve_

Ok, heres the story:I got this brand new computer, with Win 7. Before i had Vista..I put in my MD-11 DVD, and the screen pops up..and i press "Install PMDG MD-11 FSX"....and nothing happends?I thought...."on no..my disk i ruined"..so i desided to try it on the old vista, and it works perfectly!!.So i was going.."ok, strange"..and tried on the WIn 7 again.,...nothing!I've in several flight-forums and got a whole world of suggestion, but nothing works..so far i've tried:1: "run as administrator"2: turn off UAC (User Accsess Control)3: install in safe-mode4: move the dvd-files on the harddrive and run setup from there5: tried all the different compabilities (XP, XP SP1, XP SP2. VISTA, VISTA SP1.....and so on..Now i'm all outta options and are pretty much given up the MD-11 in Win 7. I've read forums up and down, looked for fixes, but nothing..so after about 10 years in the FS world....the PMGD MD-11 is about to be the bigges pain ever for me....sad, cuz it's such a wonderful wonderful airplane.And my favorite.....untill now!i've been thinking: Can it be the DX11?, Can it be the chipset?...as i've said..i'm all outta option..:(So if anyone could help me, i would be a happy happy PMDG Captain again!I'm not the only one with Win 7, and a boxed MD-11...so there must be some kind of solution....i hope!My specs.pros: i7-960nvidia gtx480asus motherboard mem: 6gb

Full names please in this forum.W7 is not the problem, and there are lot's of users without this specific problem so now the trick is to figure out what about your system is causing this.Have you submitted a trouble ticket at the pmdg support portal? You've tried the common fixes, maybe they can help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Full names like Dan said is required here, thanks.It sounds like with Vista you have a compatible DVD driver and Win7 does not. There are times this really isn't the case and can come down to something know as latency timing (more a SCSI issue with controllers). I have had issues of this sort though with customs I've built where the OS would see the drive but not correctly use it. In some cases it was a matter of either switching the jumper from or to cable select, to or from what they actually were. So in my last case if I remember correctly, I had them set to cable select but no joy, so set it to master, since it was the only IDE on the chain and on the master end of the IDE cable.This issue is very uncommon and with 1000's of builds under my belt have only seen it on some very cheap combo drives. If you install an adequate DVD software program it may fix the issue since it's software may help you read the disc properly.*You might try copying the contents of the disc to a folder. If it can do that it most likely isn't the issue above. While you're at it and since you did that, try to install from the folder you copied it to (make sure you still have the disc in the drive since it may still need to validate x:\ content.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 2080ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier