Sign in to follow this  
LeeGibling

POV TGT GTX 480 Ultra Charged

Guest freebird77
There's is no problem with my copy & paste, my quote to your post where you said the 480 averages higher frames is there for everyone to see (post #12) Too bad you can't edit that anymore huh?Check this out:I'm not recomending the 460 to anyone with a 200 card if it's a 260 or better. find a post of mine where I do, please, and I'll help you with the quoting you seem to be struggling with.If you think it's worth the money to get a 480 for better minimum frames in certain situations, that's fine, it's all down to everyone's particular expectations, but have you tested any 460 to be so sure the minimums are that much better with the 480? Just asking now, no sarcasm, seriously
Well you caught me offgaurd with that quote and I apologize.But if you look back and read into the the context my measage it was the same --> lag etc.I had three 460's for almost as many weeks, installed better cooling (big pain) and got very high clocks out of each one,, messed with SLI but mainly going for a single sleeper card.But is as noted O/C the silicone out of these cards as good as these cards do, - did next to little on overall FPS from stock with exception of ultra high AA and AF in bad weather.However there was nothing at all to justify spending the upside of $200 over the 285GTX that I already have - nothing. The same way I felt about the 470 as well as the steep price you pay for a 480 ( have owned two) tested those as well as the various ATI models. However unless something starts to showup soon (as in 485 or better) I may just go back to the 480 as the prices are starting to drop and it was the only path that did anything noteworthy compared to the 285 if you start to get the itch and since a few recent add-ons I just may. All these cards were tested on FSX SP2 with an I7-920 @ 4.2 with 12GB of CL6-6-6 on win7-64 Ult and as stated, canned flights, frapped, log pasted into spreadsheet=graphs and no, they are not available on this forum.Sorry if I mistook your post as an attempt to promote the 460 as some great new card that everone should buy, that kind of nonsenese should not be incouraged, especially when some folks already own a decent card and there better things to do with their hard earned money than get pointed in the wrong direction.All pointless arguing asside, - I respect and agree with most of what you have said, knowing were its coming from.Best regards and Buenas Noches

Well you caught me offgaurd with that quote and I apologize.But if you look back and read into the the context my measage it was the same --> lag etc.I had three 460's for almost as many weeks, installed better cooling (big pain) and got very high clocks out of each one,, messed with SLI but mainly going for a single sleeper card.But is as noted O/C the silicone out of these cards as good as these cards do, - did next to little on overall FPS from stock with exception of ultra high AA and AF in bad weather.However there was nothing at all to justify spending the upside of $200 over the 285GTX that I already have - nothing. The same way I felt about the 470 as well as the steep price you pay for a 480 ( have owned two) tested those as well as the various ATI models. However unless something starts to showup soon (as in 485 or better) I may just go back to the 480 as the prices are starting to drop and it was the only path that did anything noteworthy compared to the 285 if you start to get the itch and since a few recent add-ons I just may. All these cards were tested on FSX SP2 with an I7-920 @ 4.2 with 12GB of CL6-6-6 on win7-64 Ult and as stated, canned flights, frapped, log pasted into spreadsheet=graphs and no, they are not available on this forum.Sorry if I mistook your post as an attempt to promote the 460 as some great new card that everone should buy, that kind of nonsenese should not be incouraged, especially when some folks already own a decent card and there better things to do with their hard earned money than get pointed in the wrong direction.All pointless arguing asside, - I respect and agree with most of what you have said, knowing were its coming from.Best regards and Buenas Noches
No need to apologise and thanks for the info about your tests. I also apologise to you and everyone else for my rant. The minimum frames factor is a very valid point actually

So this means my GTX470or a GTX480 is better than the GTX460 :biggrin: I think im starting to love the results!this is what your saying right

Guest FengZ

I went from a duel GTX 295 setup to a Triple 480 GTX setup....and there's definitely a huge difference.The 295s are not very good at scaling on high resolutions (i run games all at 2560x1600). As soon as you turn on AA, etc, the frame rates would start to drop and there are micro-stutters (hard to notice, but you can "feel" it). Granted, when i say fps drop, it's going from 80fps to say 60fps (still very high). However, i didn't like the micro-stutters. Btw, i didn't get these cards for FS but for games such as Crysis, Metro 2033, etc.The triple 480s are amazingly fast and scales very nicely at 2560x1600. With 8xAA/16, most games run at 100+ fps (including Crysis Warhead, Just Cause 2, MW2, Bad Company 2, Mafia II, etc.) The only downside is the noise and power consumption.anyways, worth the upgrade-feng

I went from a duel GTX 295 setup to a Triple 480 GTX setup....and there's definitely a huge difference.The 295s are not very good at scaling on high resolutions (i run games all at 2560x1600). As soon as you turn on AA, etc, the frame rates would start to drop and there are micro-stutters (hard to notice, but you can "feel" it). Granted, when i say fps drop, it's going from 80fps to say 60fps (still very high). However, i didn't like the micro-stutters. Btw, i didn't get these cards for FS but for games such as Crysis, Metro 2033, etc.The triple 480s are amazingly fast and scales very nicely at 2560x1600. With 8xAA/16, most games run at 100+ fps (including Crysis Warhead, Just Cause 2, MW2, Bad Company 2, Mafia II, etc.) The only downside is the noise and power consumption.anyways, worth the upgrade-feng
But that's not FSX :smile: Anyway it true though my ati 4580 to GTX470 is a huge improvement around 20FP/S- 40FP/S