Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yankeegolf3

Fsmovingmap and airportchart on windows 7

hi,Do yo know if Fsmovingmap and airportchart (two excellent addons) work with windows 7?Thanks
I don't have FSmovingmap however I do have apchart working in Win7. I had to do something to getthe database built as I recall. I have a dual-boot setup with XP Pro and Win7. It could be thatI simply copied the XP Pro FSX apchart database into the correct folder in my Win7 installation.That would be the "DBAirport" folder. I can't remember the Win7 path to that as Win7 convolutesthings depending on how you install an application. Paul

Hi PaulThank you for you reply. Since you have a multi boot XP/7, I have a question for you. I read in computer pilot that FSX on 7 gives better performance than FSX on Vista (+20% FPS). I am wondering if FSX on 7 gives better performance than FSX on XP. What is your opinion? Thank you.

Hi PaulThank you for you reply. Since you have a multi boot XP/7, I have a question for you. I read in computer pilot that FSX on 7 gives better performance than FSX on Vista (+20% FPS). I am wondering if FSX on 7 gives better performance than FSX on XP. What is your opinion? Thank you.
I haven't checked any benchmarks since I created the dual-boot and added Win7 and and the FSX install. I'm away from my sim computer for a few days but when I getsome time I'll try to remember to gather some data. Paul

I don't have FSmovingmap however I do have apchart working in Win7. I had to do something to getthe database built as I recall. I have a dual-boot setup with XP Pro and Win7. It could be thatI simply copied the XP Pro FSX apchart database into the correct folder in my Win7 installation.That would be the "DBAirport" folder. I can't remember the Win7 path to that as Win7 convolutesthings depending on how you install an application. Paul
I have been trying to figure out the DB issue with apchart. Unfortunately my previous installation got destroyed in a HD crash so no DB to copy over. However, I think you have given me a solution. I have FS9 installed in another comp. I will move the entire scenery library there and run the DB update and port it back.ThanksShez