Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Javiz

XTUservice

Anyone know what it is ? :( All i could find is that it possibly belongs to Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility, also that this thing *might* possibly be turned off or even deleted. Any FSX flight that lasts longer than half an hour will end in a BSOD. Event log will always say : Provider XTUservice, Error :XMP Initialization Failed. I'm running FSX on a brand new Alienware Area51ALX.i7-980X, GTX480,12GB/1600Mhz Tri Channel Mem, W7Pro/64bit.No overclock.I have tried lowering the scenery sliders and even lower resolution of the 30" monitor (normally at 2560x1600)all to no avail. Keep getting BSOD's after about half an hour flight, no matter what scenery.Would love to know more about this XTUservice and possibly how to turn it off.Any help highly appreciated !Cheers,Jan

Hi Jan,Look under Administrative Tools/Services and it should be somewhere in the list.Right click on it and select Stop, then set Startup type to Disabled.CheersFred

Heya Fred, nice to see you here ! :( Found it, thanks ! Luckily not needed anymore though ! It happend to be 480GTX special fx processor causing the BSOD's... It is turned off by default.... :( Alienware helpdesk guy told me about it. Everything's fine now with all scenery sliders maxed ! Yiiiiiiihaaa!!! Thanks for enlighting me about that XTUservice, Fred, highly appreciated ! :( Cheers,Jan