Sign in to follow this  
Bob Church

Flying with rudders still somewhat tricky in spite of FSUIPC

I have registered FSUIPC and calibrated my CH Pro Rudders in it. It's now fairly simple to taxi the aircraft but after takeoff the plane still can feel somewhat sensitive. The inclinometer is rather sensitive to rudder movements. I have heard that FSUIPC is the best way to calibrate rudder pedals. So are they now as good as it can get? Is it practice I need or better calibration?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you've still got the Control Manager running and have calibrated it there, then check that the yellow and blue cursors are dead center in the display grid. So long as they're centered, straight and level flight should be right. If you're applying rudder to one side or another, calibration doesn't matter so much since you're going to push as hard as you need to to get the aircraft to go where you want it to.The Sensitivity adjustments will affect how much the aircraft responds to a given amount of pedal movement, it's mostly a matter of personal preference there. I've always felt that FS modelled pedals to be way too sensitive, but I'm not a real pilot. Anyway, I always turn it down. You can adjust it either with the FS sensitivity adjustment or with the one on the Axis Settings tab in the Control Manager calibration applet. You might also adjust the Gain in the CM to select a curve that's more horizontal in the center, more vertical near the ends. That decreases the sensitivity near center and can make fine adjustments a little easier.If you are going to use FSUIPC to calibrate, you should probably not set the sensitivity to anything but 100% in the Control Manager. I think that if you decrease it there and then set FSUIPC to match up with the max and min values that you'll get after the sensitivity reduction, you'll probably just end up cancelling out the sensitivity setting in the Control Manager. I don't normally use FSUIPC, maybe someone else here can comment.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com