Sign in to follow this  
MAUCINTI

Strange terrain !

I'm sure this is an old subject... but anyway, could someone help me?Last night flying online to Toronto CYYZ, I noticed the "strange" terrain around the airport.It seems to be an "escavation" all around, and the airport is located in a sort of flat "hill".I noticed that this occurs both with Blueprint CYYZ scenery activated and de-activated, so I argue it's not a scenery-related problem.I attached some screenshots self-explaining.Thanks for any idea.CiaoMaurizio

spacer.png   Como (Italy )   www.sim737ng.it

I9-13900kf-Asusz790-32GB GSkill-Rtx4080-MSFS/P3Dv6-3xBenq1080ST-Win10-Prosim3.26-AS-Envtex-Envshade-Orbx basepack,OpenLC Europe-CPFlight hardware-RSP TQ-Always on Vatsim

banner2.jpg

Are you using any terrain mesh? If so, who made it, I.E. FSGenesis or someone else? This is a problem with FS9, but can be solved by creating a flatten entry in your scenery.cfg file. Try FlattEx v.1.0.1 - Flatten and Exclude Capture Program. You will have to play around a bit to get it to the right area. Still, not all of the area will be at the lowest area around the airport, some will still be on a plateau.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Are you using any terrain mesh? If so, who made it, I.E. FSGenesis or someone else? This is a problem with FS9, but can be solved by creating a flatten entry in your scenery.cfg file. Try FlattEx v.1.0.1 - Flatten and Exclude Capture Program. You will have to play around a bit to get it to the right area. Still, not all of the area will be at the lowest area around the airport, some will still be on a plateau.
Thank you for response.No, I did not install terrain mesh in North America (I have all European sceneries corrected by "right" mesh scenery)I've just given a look to Flattex 1.0.1 and, if I don't misunderstand, it can "flatten" a specific area you assign to it, and that's is useful.But I fear that in my case I need to "lift" up an area around the airport and set it at the right "altitude" , as all the surrounding world is.Do you think the program can do this?Ciao.Maurizio

spacer.png   Como (Italy )   www.sim737ng.it

I9-13900kf-Asusz790-32GB GSkill-Rtx4080-MSFS/P3Dv6-3xBenq1080ST-Win10-Prosim3.26-AS-Envtex-Envshade-Orbx basepack,OpenLC Europe-CPFlight hardware-RSP TQ-Always on Vatsim

banner2.jpg

It could be the afcad or an old left over one causing that plateau problem. Look for wayard CYYZ afcads.

It does look odd, one thing you can try is adding Gilles Gauthier's New Terrain Mesh of the Province of Quebec in LOD09 to help properly fill in the area. FlattEx could bring everything else up to that level, but it will be a large area and there may still be the odd plateau.Do check for a double AFCAD also though 2 AFCADs could cause a crash. 

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon