Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

ISGsim and the HSI

Hi All, One more question as per the FAQ:

10. Q: I can't get the HSI to show course/distance info from the ISG gauges.A. Make sure you have added "ISG" to the aircraft.cfg title= line (found in fltsim.xx section) of the acft/livery you want to fly.
I went to the aircraft config - appended an " ISG" on the end of every title for each paint... I can fly with the ISGsim gauges in LNAV mode - however - the information is not reflected on the HSI... Is there something else I need to do to get the HSI to reflect the IGSsim data ??? I did notice the panel mods did remove the "RAD" button just to the left of then HSI... Do I need this button to make the switch ???Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi All, One more question as per the FAQ: I went to the aircraft config - appended an " ISG" on the end of every title for each paint... I can fly with the ISGsim gauges in LNAV mode - however - the information is not reflected on the HSI... Is there something else I need to do to get the HSI to reflect the IGSsim data ??? I did notice the panel mods did remove the "RAD" button just to the left of then HSI... Do I need this button to make the switch ???Regards,Scott
You don't need the NAV/RAD switch with the ISG FMS units, when you select LNAV on one of the ISG gauges with a valid active leg, it should switch the HSI display automatically.Make sure you added "ISG" and not "IGS" on your title lines...I see you have it misspelled once in the post above.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Bob, Thanks for the help !!! This is the entry for the plane I am flying and I believe I have the entry correct...

[fltsim.3] title=Boeing 737-2L9 Aloha Airlines 60th Anniversary 'Funbird' RetroJet - N823AL ISGsim=737-200advmodel=PNKpanel=sound=texture=AAH_N823ALkb_checklists=Boeing737-200_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-200_refatc_id=N823ALatc_airline=Aloha Airlinesatc_parking_types=GATE,RAMPatc_parking_codes=AAHatc_flight_number=7322ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type="737-200 TM"ui_variation=Aloha Airlines 'Funbird' RetroJet - N823ALdescription="Boeing 737-230 ADV with JT8D-17R engines rated at 16,400 lbs thrust each\n\nAloha Airlines RetroJet - N823AL Repaint by\n JeffreyS. Bryner
I have a flight plan loaded - then activated - I am flying with the autopilot engaged in heading - I have tried the mode selector in both "MAN" and "VOR LOCK" - and LNAV in on... Am I missing something ??? I added a glass gauge to troubleshoot - I can see the autopilot in indeed flying the flight plan however still nothing on the HSI...Thanks,Scott

Hi Bob, One more thing - I tuned in a VOR on the radio - and the HSI is still receiving the VOR signal for it's source - even with LNAV illuminated... Thanks again...Regards,Scott

Hi Bob, One more thing - I tuned in a VOR on the radio - and the HSI is still receiving the VOR signal for it's source - even with LNAV illuminated... Thanks again...Regards,Scott
OK, I see what's happening...the gauge code only looks at the first 80 characters in the Title= line. So move the "ISG" closer to the front of the title line so that it's contained in the first 80 chars.i.e.title=Boeing 737-2L9 ISG Aloha Airlines 60th Anniversary 'Funbird' RetroJet - N823ALRegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Roger that sir - I'll give it a shot and let you know.Thank you !!!Regards,Scott

Morn'n Bob, Worked like a champ - thank you again... One final question - when pressing LNAV - it auto spins the course indicator on the HSI to the correct course and locks it... Is there a way we could set it up to where we have to spin it manually to the course - with the FMS still set as the NAV source ??? I don't know anything about gauge programming - so maybe it's a limitation of what we can do in FS ???Regards,Scott

Morn'n Bob, Worked like a champ - thank you again... One final question - when pressing LNAV - it auto spins the course indicator on the HSI to the correct course and locks it... Is there a way we could set it up to where we have to spin it manually to the course - with the FMS still set as the NAV source ??? I don't know anything about gauge programming - so maybe it's a limitation of what we can do in FS ???Regards,Scott
When using a long-range nav source (INS/GPS) for guidance, the CDI is set by the nav system to show course deviation based strictly on cross-track distance, rather than based on angular difference from the course as depicted when using a radio navaid (VOR/TACAN). Because the CDI does not properly indicate angular difference in LNAV mode, trying to use it like you would a radio navaid could be problematic. I've never seen one in the real world that did not automatically slew the HSI course. Also, on long legs, especially at high latitudes, the desired course actually changes as you proceed down track due to changing mag deviation and the differences between orthogonal and great-circle ground tracks--the auto-slew automatically compensates for this as well.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Hi Bob,Works for me. Thanks for taking the time for the detailed explanation. The ISG gauges work pretty well and it a bit easier to fly with RC4.3. Thanks for all your effort!!!Greatly appreciated - sir.Regards,Scott