Sign in to follow this  
kjetilhj

Innsbruck ILS

Ok, i will try a 727 100 or someting. Thanks guys. It was very helpfulBTW, what is topcat??Speaking of realistic ATC, yu should listen to this groundcontroller. It sounds like a bad morning:)http://www.alexispar...t-JFKGround.mp3
HiTOPCAT is a Take-Off and Landing Performance Calculator.It´s a really nice and helpful Program.http://www.topcatsim.com/ Regards

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Haven't tried the MD-11 into LOWI, not that daring, but the procedure is pretty simple in the 737.Head to RTT.Be there at 10,000 feet.At RTT turn onto a heading of 211.Intercept the off-set localiser and descend to 9500.Glide slope will appear fast, be ready. [Yes there is one]Follow the glide slope down to the runway.Depart the localiser at Absam [D6.3 4466 feet]Must be visual at Absam. Line up for final approach.08 is follow procedure abiove, but break left at Absam and circle to land.I've done it in all weather, it's easy enough with practise.As for default ATC,forget it, it's garbage.This will give you a good idea...http://youtu.be/RWOlif5WBYs

Very nice video. I will try this in a smaller aircraft. I not sure what is the esyest, old 727 or a little more digital aircraft with FMC of some kind. The CS 727 is no use with the GS approach, i end up going slalom. But i will give this several tries. Thanks:)

Guess the biggest plane you can safely land (i.e. with sufficient runway left) there would be a 757. An MD-11 in real life won't ever make it (except it would be a "stunt flight"). In FSX I performed some (manual) landings at LOWI (10K lbs fuel, >330 pax), but getting her to a stop is nearly impossible...Best use Topcat if you want to know whether an airport is suitable for the MD-11 or not.
The biggest planes which we see on a regular basis in Innsbruck are 767-300s.The biggest pane evr landed and - more importnatly - took off again in Innsbruck was an Airbus A330-223.Wolfgang

The biggest planes which we see on a regular basis in Innsbruck are 767-300s.The biggest pane evr landed and - more importnatly - took off again in Innsbruck was an Airbus A330-223.Wolfgang
So i wasnt so far off after all:)

Innsbruck is a great airport to fly to but you need to study the charts (as with any airport?).Remember that when you leave 9500 you are now on final approach. This is done with gear down and lots of flap in real life, all the way down from 9500 to the 4500/5000' minimum (depends on what climb gradient you can achieve).If landing in 08, you can descend to 3700 once you're past INN ndb and turning to 265 degrees. Then continue until 3.5 DME OEV and start the right turn, no more than 160 knots and about 900fpm descent. The missed approach procedure should also be in the front of your mind as it is quite complicated. Know what your max angle climb speed is for your weight.One thing to remember for Innsbruck is also fuel planning, the approach uses lots more fuel than a normal approach, and a missed approach will also burn a LOT of fuel!