Sign in to follow this  
rvc70

Fuselage textures missing

What causes this to happen in FSX? I have it on probably 35 or so planes in FSX both on payware and free downloads, not on default planes. This problem started about 2 months or so ago. I have Windows XP Pro with SP3 and I am using FSX SP1 and SP2 (not acceleration). Is there a file in FSX that is either corrupt or missing that could cause this to happen. I do not have the DX10 option available so I know it is not that. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Guest firehawk44
What causes this to happen in FSX? I have it on probably 35 or so planes in FSX both on payware and free downloads, not on default planes. This problem started about 2 months or so ago. I have Windows XP Pro with SP3 and I am using FSX SP1 and SP2 (not acceleration). Is there a file in FSX that is either corrupt or missing that could cause this to happen. I do not have the DX10 option available so I know it is not that. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Some payware/freeware aircraft are not compatible with SP2. This most likely happens when you install aircraft made for previous versions of FS. Make sure your addons are fully compatible with FSX. The free SP2 download was mainly made to provide DX10 preview for those users who did not upgrade to the Acceleration package. I would uninstall SP2 and see if this fixes your problem. If not, then you have FSX texture compatibility issues.Best regards,Jim

I think that you mey be straining your graphics sub system. Try turning all the FSX slivers to the left and see if that gets rid of the problem. If it does you could then try turning your sliders up until you see this again. If you haven't go the DX10 preview button available it suggests that you might have an older graphics card which won't help.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

maybe a long shot, but if you are using ez-dok camera, it also looks very similar to the screenshot you posted when the camera hasn't been added to the plane. try running the ezca-config.exe file that comes with it.. you have to run it after any time you've installed new planes..otherwise, what the other guys saidcheers,-andy crosby

Are you using a BP tweek in your CFG? I have seen too high a BP entry cause it.

Jim Wenham

Some payware/freeware aircraft are not compatible with SP2. This most likely happens when you install aircraft made for previous versions of FS. Make sure your addons are fully compatible with FSX. The free SP2 download was mainly made to provide DX10 preview for those users who did not upgrade to the Acceleration package. I would uninstall SP2 and see if this fixes your problem. If not, then you have FSX texture compatibility issues.Best regards,Jim
The thing that confuses me is these planes had the fuselage texture a few months back and now they don't. The first time I saw this problem was with a payware plane that I had problems installing, (it was a demo thing which I really never did like) but after much discussion with the payware people I ended up deleting the plane but the condition started to appeared on these other planes I spoke of, don't know if there is a connection or not, maybe just a coincidence. If it were the SP2 wouldn't it have created this problem earlier? It makes sense that this could be the problem but being it didn't occur before makes me wonder. I am using a 512mb NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX Plus video card, not sure if that is considered old or not but it does not have the DX10 option to my knowledge.I am not using the ez-dok camera, so that cannot be the problem either but thanks for the suggestion.

"Highmemfix=1 under [Graphics] should take care of it."I tried adding this to the FSX.cfg but it did not correct the problem, I tried it with the MAAM B-25 Briefing Time aircraft. Thanks for the suggestion though.

"Highmemfix=1 under [Graphics] should take care of it."I tried adding this to the FSX.cfg but it did not correct the problem, I tried it with the MAAM B-25 Briefing Time aircraft. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I gave up, deleted and reinstalled FSX and the problem went away I have no idea what caused it and apparently nobody else did either but do apprecite the suggestions offered.