Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Hope for Meigs Field?

As an Illinois resident I'm hopeful as well but the political situation in the cities of Chicago and in Springfield will have to change significantly and the required palms will have to be greased in order for our hopes to be realized.Just sayin'...Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

As an Illinois resident I'm hopeful as well but the political situation in the cities of Chicago and in Springfield will have to change significantly and the required palms will have to be greased in order for our hopes to be realized.Just sayin'...Big%20Grin.gif
Well Chicago does have a reputation for greasy palms....Raised%20Eyebrow.gif I imagine the friends of Meigs field will be going full force.Gee-maybe even MS Flight will have to default to Meigs again in anticipation.:(

Well Chicago does have a reputation for greasy palms....Raised%20Eyebrow.gif I imagine the friends of Meigs field will be going full force.Gee-maybe even MS Flight will have to default to Meigs again in anticipation.:(
Indeed! Let's hope the are successful after November.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Not to be a glass half empty poster but Meigs will never come back. Besides the horrendous politics that remain in Chicago, too much work has already been done to Northerly Island. Tax payers would never allow the parks to be ripped up to put a runway back in. It is truly sad since it is one of the few airports I always wanted to fly into and now never will. 50615083.jpg

Geof Applegate, I hope they bring back Meigs Field too. Lots of history with that field. Beats turning it into another golf course, god knows we need another one of those. LOL! OOps, better not give them any ideas uh?