Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

FSX Crashing

Hi guys.Anyone with any idea why all of a sudden I have had 2 flights in PMDG aircraft just as I'm about to turn into the approach ILS leg,causing FSX to crash and when I check the Event Viewer immediately afterwards,it points to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll as being the faulting module that caused FSX to crash.This has only just started to happen.Prior to this I was able to complete all long-haul flights and auto-land without a hitch.All of a sudden this happens.I'm baffled.Any pointers would be appreciated.Specs:Quad-core Q6600 o/c to 3.4GHz/12Gb OCZ HPC RAM/Win7 64-bit Pro/ATi HD5770 1Gb

Hi guys.Anyone with any idea why all of a sudden I have had 2 flights in PMDG aircraft just as I'm about to turn into the approach ILS leg,causing FSX to crash and when I check the Event Viewer immediately afterwards,it points to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll as being the faulting module that caused FSX to crash.This has only just started to happen.Prior to this I was able to complete all long-haul flights and auto-land without a hitch.All of a sudden this happens.I'm baffled.Any pointers would be appreciated.Specs:Quad-core Q6600 o/c to 3.4GHz/12Gb OCZ HPC RAM/Win7 64-bit Pro/ATi HD5770 1Gb
I believe that that is the OS kernel..jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest wims

Are you absolutely positively sure that the OC is 100% stable? Run LinX for an hour with max ram usage and report back if it crashes. Remember, a once stable OC might turn unstable after a while because of things like electromigration

Are you absolutely positively sure that the OC is 100% stable? Run LinX for an hour with max ram usage and report back if it crashes. Remember, a once stable OC might turn unstable after a while because of things like electromigration
Yes,I'm absolutely sure that the O/C is 100% stable.It has been so for the last 6 months.It has passed all O/C stress tests,including Prime95.It is very,very stable within an Antec-900/2 case.Not only that,having already clocked up over 600 hours in FSX with a variety of aircraft,including using the PMDG MD-11F on long-haul flights starting in YPPH-FAJS-OMDB-EGLL-KATL,and having done successful auto-lands at all these airports inputting the SIDs and STARs in my flightplans without a hitch,this problem only manifested itself when I was flying the MD-11F on a KATL-KLAS flight,and was tracking the STAR for KLAS,and about to turn into the approach leg,when FSX crashed with that error.Same crash again when flying the PMDG 747-400XF on a STAR to KSFO,same error.

Guest firehawk44
Yes,I'm absolutely sure that the O/C is 100% stable.It has been so for the last 6 months.It has passed all O/C stress tests,including Prime95.It is very,very stable within an Antec-900/2 case.Not only that,having already clocked up over 600 hours in FSX with a variety of aircraft,including using the PMDG MD-11F on long-haul flights starting in YPPH-FAJS-OMDB-EGLL-KATL,and having done successful auto-lands at all these airports inputting the SIDs and STARs in my flightplans without a hitch,this problem only manifested itself when I was flying the MD-11F on a KATL-KLAS flight,and was tracking the STAR for KLAS,and about to turn into the approach leg,when FSX crashed with that error.Same crash again when flying the PMDG 747-400XF on a STAR to KSFO,same error.
This is a system .dll. FSX puts a lot of demand on system resources and subsequently triggered the error. The PMDG products also can place added resources on your system. Doubt you would get this running any other game or software program. I think the following link provides the best description of the ntdll.dll and troubleshooting tips for this error: http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/troubleshooting-and-preventing-ntdlldll-errors/. If you recently updated a system driver, I would suspect that might be the offending driver and I would first uninstall/reinstall the driver. I would also run a system cleaner/registry cleaner as suggested in the link as you could have something conflicting in the registry.Best regards,Jim

Thanks for the replies,guys.Much appreciated.Will check out the latest suggestion.FSX is a real funny beast,at times.Making another attempt to see if I could once more replicate the DLL errors I had with the previous two flights,I've just completed a short 2h54m flight from VTBD-WSSS with a PMDG 747-400,and guess what,not a single glitch,including using SID/STAR flightplan managed to autoland onto Rwy20R at WSSS to complete a gate-to-gate flight.I'm bewildered!