Sign in to follow this  
Minos

Fossett crosses finish line. Circles Globe in balloon!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeh, great news, he finally made it.On BBC news Richard Branson congratulated him, they had been rivals on earlier attempts.Question now is can he pull off his next challange, flying a glider into the Stratosphere!!!!!!!!Sooner him than me :-)

Big deal.. Must be slow news Day..Want to impress me, (not that anyone would) but once fossett get's his Time Machine finished, go back 100 years. Then fly a "balloon" around the world solo, oh and fly within 5 degrees of the equator. Maybe after the glider stunt, something maybe more impressive? Help rescue those scientists caught in the antarctic. Maybe he could hike there with no shoes on?I'm ashamed to have the same "home town" as this trouser stain, guess the corvette's just dont do it for some guys.. :-lol

Fossett's motto seems to be: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again at a higher latitude.

Well...you certainly cannot fault his dogged determination.6 tries. First ever. This has been the dream of aviators since man first left Terra Firma.Semper Fi! Fossett!!!

I have read that he made just 36000 kms!However the earth is 40000kms 'long'.So he didn't made a complete round of the world.....In fact this happen because he only stayed in the southern hemisphere! Greetings Minos