Sign in to follow this  
smokeyupahead

fms discontinuity...

I've been trying to delete what seams to be a discontinuity in the fms,a dotted green line.It doesn't go away by pressing "back" then "enter" like a regular waypoint instead it stays...I can't get rid of it,it is screwing up my whole flight plan calculations everytime,I always get it no matter the flight plan.How do you get rid of it?...or at least avoid it...Thank you,David Di Domizio

I don't think I've ever seen a discontinuity in the JS4100 FMS, I think what you see is an error.Can you post a screen shot of the problem?

I don't think it's an error in the J41,I might be my way of inserting the flightplan...If I enter the plan manually do I have to start with the destination airport identifier and finish with the arrival one?Anyway here is the route..."KJFK DCT LGA J223 NEION V36 DALEE DCT KBUF".The MCDU is not letting me choose the leg from LGA on J223 to NEION.I suspect the problem comes from not inserting the departure airport...?I have the latest cycle installed in both EFB fligthplanner and in the PMDG J41.Thanks,David Di Domizio

If I enter the plan manually do I have to start with the destination airport identifier and finish with the arrival one?
Start with the origin airport ID and finish with the destination identifier.I just tried, the route works fine on my system. Try the following:On the FPL page, start by entering KJFK followed by LGA. Next type #J223 followed by the "ENTER" key and select NEION from the list. Then type #V36, hit "ENTER" and select DALEE. Finish by entering the destination airport, KBUF.Here is a screenshot of the first FPL page after I entered the route:

Thank you Trisager,I think I had this problem becuase I was not putting in the airport identifier.In a way I'm glad to know it was me making the mistake!:-)This plane is by far the best thing I've ever flown in 12 years of flight simming!Brilliant!David Di Domizio

Yeap, I've just checked it, the "dotted green line" appears if You don't enter the departure airport.