Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

747-8i Gauges Colors V2

7478igaugesv2.jpgAfter re-studying the image I used to make my first set of colors, and after being commented by about the blue being an effect of back-lighting of camera, I've decided to study more pictures of 748 and 777 cockpits and realized that indeed the colors are somewhat "purple" but not really. It's a sweet mix between gray and purple and blue. The final nail in this research was the discovery of the project magenta site and of the massive 737 NG PFD on it, which is same on the 777. I proceed to "abduct it" :D and I've extracted the colors with CS3. The above is the final result and I'm pretty sure that this one is right.Here are the instruction for this cockpit:ALT MENU > PMDG Options > Colors >Tapes > More colors > R= 50; G= 52; B= 77CONTROL DISPLAY UNITForeground > More colors > R= 45; G= 119; B= 219Inv > More colors > R= 30; G=88; B=168! TO RESET TO ORIGINAL !Tapes > More colors > GREY - 40CONTROL DISPLAY UNITForeground > More colors > R= 7; G= 197; B= 31Inv > More colors > R= 3; G= 116; B= 17Thanks for viewing and hopefully enjoy this little mod :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Doesnt the 737s, the 767-400s, 777s, all have a bluish background to the glass gauges instead of the black we see in the 744? Or can you not edit that, I do not remember. I have been quite terrified in messing with these settings in fear that I will make something and not be able to easily get back to the defaults and be faced with a dreaded re-installation.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Doesnt the 737s, the 767-400s, 777s, all have a bluish background to the glass gauges instead of the black we see in the 744? Or can you not edit that, I do not remember. I have been quite terrified in messing with these settings in fear that I will make something and not be able to easily get back to the defaults and be faced with a dreaded re-installation.
Not all of them, some do, some don't.I used this to nail the color:http://www.projectma...ts/b/pfd737.jpgTrust me if I had a way to add a bluish glow to the screens I'd do it in a heartbeat :) :DEDIT: You shouldn't be afraid of editing colors as the default one are mentioned in the manual: Intro chapter.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Trust me if I had a way to add a bluish glow to the screens I'd do it in a heartbeat :) :D
You might be able to. Are you referring to the black background part of the screens? There might be an associated texture for it and you do it in photoshop. I looked but didn't see anything that stood out, I even tried a few and haven't found it. It's also possible that there is no texture and there's something in the code just saying to keep it painted #000000 (black).Maybe someone from PMDG could fill us in on which texture and let us have some fun, or let us know if it's not possible.* Just thought of one downside. If it is a texture, chances are the LED's background is tied to it also so a blue tint would make things like the MCP unreadable. Oh well, there still may be hope.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier