Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Aerodesigns A340

I love to fly the Aerodesigns' A340 aircraft, especially with my A340 panel :-)Unfortunately, this aircraft is almost unusable on my system because each time I look on a side or I switch to the Virtual Cockpit, FS freezes for some (long) seconds, apparently to load the VC textures. It is the same when I switch to the spot view, it takes time to load the aircraft textures and FS is frozen. It is really painful.:-(Is there any configuration trick to avoid this?For info, my config is:- Intel P4 2 GHz- RAM 512 MB- GeForce 4 Ti4800 128 MB- Windows XP, FS2004Thanks for any help !!Eric

Guest Boone

Hi Eric!I can't believe nobody has responded yet! This model is very heavy on the frame rates. I have a similar system to yours and have chosen not to fly it. My advice is wait for the new POSKY A340. Judging by their recent release I would say it won't be such a heavy hitter on the frames.Thanks (again) for your wonderful panels by the way. I was flying the A320 all weekend!Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Eric :)I too find the Aerodesigns A340 heavy on frame rates. As Boone said, the VC is the fps killer :(I too enjoy your creations! I use your AI radar on all of my planes :)The POSKY A340 won't have a VC (:-beerchug). The Aerodesigns plane is great looking, but it's very very very detailed!

Guest GeeBeeR1

Eric,I have the plane on my hard drive but as of yet have not been able to fly it because of the frame rate hit. I have almost the identical set up you have and I can't figure out how to get it working properly. I have anouther 500 megs of ram on order and I hope that will help a little bit. By the way, your F-16 panel is still the best one going.Best regards,Jan

Eric. The Aerodesigns A340 is simply a frame rate killer. Not much you can do but to ugrade your machine. BTW.. your A330 Panel is Flawless. I really appreciate your Panel development efforts.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Thanks to all for your help. As many of you said, the Aerodesigns A340 is a frame rate killer, and we can do nothing about that. Nevertheless, it gave me the opportunity to upgrade my Nvidia driver to the 53.03, and it has greatly improved the frame rate (from 12-14 to 18-20 fps).Eric